How do I set the read flag on unread mail
Author Message
 How do I set the read flag on unread mail

I would like to mark email messges as read using vba.  Any
ideas????  I have tried setting the unread false to false
but this does not work.  I am using Outlook 2000.  I want
move my sent items to another folder and mark those
messages as read.  Currently I am copying the message to
another directory before I send it and then trying to mark
it as read.

Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:19:39 GMT
 How do I set the read flag on unread mail
Are you calling the SAVE method after setting the flag? If
not your change is being lost.

Here are some excerpts from a procedure that I use

{CODE}
Set itmIncomingMessage = fld.Items(i)
{CODE}
itmIncomingMessage.UnRead = True
itmIncomingMessage.Save
{MORE CODE}

David

Quote:

Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:14:52 GMT
 How do I set the read flag on unread mail
Nope.  Unfortunately that did not work. Here is a snipet
of the code.

    Set myFolder = myPersonalFolder.Folders("Sent Items")
    Set myItem = Item.Copy
    myItem.UnRead = False
    myItem.Save
    myItem.Move myFolder

Quote:

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:32:21 GMT
 How do I set the read flag on unread mail
I noticed that my code does not represent what I want to
do properly.  It actually copies an "unsent" message to
the "Sent Items" folder.  I am going to try another method.
I am going to set the "Save mail to sent items folder"
option in outlook and then on the Application_ItemSend
method, I am going to move the item from the default "Sent
Items" folder to my personal "Sent Items" folder.

The purpose of this routine is to save server email
space.  I receive and send a large amount of email so I
continualy have to clean out my sent items folder.
However, I want to save this tracking information.

If anyone knows of a better way to do this, let me know

Quote:

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:23:04 GMT

1. Outlook - Reading from diferent folders/ read/unread flag

2. Outlook - Reading from diferent folders/ read/unread flag

3. MapiMessages control MsgNoteText flags unread to read

4. Setting Mail Read flag

5. Change unread-flag

6. Moving embedded messages to folders / Unread Flag

7. Manually setting/resetting the junk mail flag in outlook98/2000

8. setting a flag in one macro and reading in another macro

9. Getting # of unread mails and alarms using cdo

10. unread the mails

11. Checking for unread messages in MS Mail from VB

12. Setting objMailItem.UnRead does not take