wish to create a button to import text files
Author Message
 wish to create a button to import text files

I am trying to create a form which will have a button to
import text files into ACCESS97
at the moment I can import the file only if I know its
name:
DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "temptext",
stDocNametxt, True

what I would like to do is find the script behind the
following ACCESS commands:
File
  get external data
   import
      (and a list of files pops up and I can choose one...)

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:56:56 GMT
 wish to create a button to import text files
The simplest thing to do is to start the import file wizard.  here is an
example of running the Link table wizard.

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkTables

or

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImport

for the Import wizard.

Dan

Quote:
> I am trying to create a form which will have a button to
> import text files into ACCESS97
> at the moment I can import the file only if I know its
> name:
> DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "temptext",
> stDocNametxt, True

> what I would like to do is find the script behind the
> following ACCESS commands:
> File
>   get external data
>    import
>       (and a list of files pops up and I can choose one...)

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:43:53 GMT
 wish to create a button to import text files

Quote:

> what I would like to do is find the script behind the
> following ACCESS commands:
> File
>   get external data
>    import
>       (and a list of files pops up and I can choose one...)

See

[ http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm ]

  -- Dev

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:43:14 GMT
 wish to create a button to import text files
The simplist thing to do is to use the Import wizard.

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImport

will start the import wizard.

Dan

Quote:
> I am trying to create a form which will have a button to
> import text files into ACCESS97
> at the moment I can import the file only if I know its
> name:
> DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "temptext",
> stDocNametxt, True

> what I would like to do is find the script behind the
> following ACCESS commands:
> File
>   get external data
>    import
>       (and a list of files pops up and I can choose one...)

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:52:05 GMT
 wish to create a button to import text files
You'll find code at
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/index.htm
to open the file open dialog.  Once you have the name of the file, you can
plug it into your statement.
Joan

Quote:
> I am trying to create a form which will have a button to
> import text files into ACCESS97
> at the moment I can import the file only if I know its
> name:
> DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "temptext",
> stDocNametxt, True

> what I would like to do is find the script behind the
> following ACCESS commands:
> File
>   get external data
>    import
>       (and a list of files pops up and I can choose one...)

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:51:17 GMT

1. IMPORTING TEXT FILE CREATED USING VB TO ACCESS

2. creating a button from a text file

3. Importing text from Text file- Help needed

4. Creating an ASCII file for import into MSWord as a merge file

5. import hebrew text files to mdb files, using VB5

6. How to import a text file to my mdb file using vb5

7. Help - Schema file to import text file

8. "not a valid path" error when importing text file with IISAM (Was Re: Import Text file to Access with ADO (bis) )

9. Creating word Macro to copy text and create new files from existing one

10. Can't import Excel files Created by Access

11. Creating a mail merge file for importing into Word

12. Creating IIF files too import into QuickBooks PRO