Powerpoint VBA questions
Author Message
 Powerpoint VBA questions

I'm in need of a few things that I don't seem to be able to find doing a search
on the net:
1.  A reference for the Powerpoint object model.  I thought this would be in the
powerpoint documentation, or on MSDN, but no luck.  Does anyone have a link that
they can point me to.

2.  Some samples of VBA code using powerpoint.  One example of creating a
document, inserting some stuff, and saving as a new filename would be great.  I
attempted to use some of the stuff from Word VBA, but things don't quite work as
I expected.

Thanks much for any help

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:11:23 GMT
 Powerpoint VBA questions
The easiest source of information about the PowerPoint object model is
PowerPoint itself.  You can use the Macro Recorder built into PowerPoint to
record a set of actions, and then use the VBA IDE to view the code that
would perform those actions programmatically.  The VBA IDE also provides
you with access to the VBA help for PowerPoint's Object Model.  You can
reach this using the Object Browser.

There are a few samples of automating PowerPoint from VB and VC++ available
at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnof...
ml/vsofficedev.asp

that also might be helpful.  Specifically, the following article might give
you some pointers:

Q222929 - HOWTO: Automate PowerPoint Using Visual Basic
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q222/9/29.asp

Thanks,
Joel

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:33:33 GMT

1. Powerpoint VBA question

2. PowerPoint VBA question(s)

3. PowerPoint Simple VBA question

4. Newbe VBA Excel/PowerPoint Question

5. VBA and PowerPoint 97 Question

6. Powerpoint/Vba -Embedding Images In Toggle Buttons?

7. Odd problem with powerpoint vba

8. VBA Macro to Reapply Master to PowerPoint Notespages

9. Problems updating MS Graph charts in Powerpoint using Excel VBA

10. Access to a Excel object link in Powerpoint from VBA

11. Powerpoint VBA

12. Remove status bar in Powerpoint using VBA