MDE vs MDB
Author Message
 MDE vs MDB

The problem is: same form is loading much slower in mde than in mdb. In case
of mdb form is loding slow for the first time, after that it loads very fast
while with mde form loading takes same time for subsequent loads. Does
anyone know what could be done, because the form is rather complex (7-8
subforms on tab control and code on open event).

Thanks
Alex

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 00:54:09 GMT
 MDE vs MDB
Alex,

can you hide the form in stead op closing it? And unhide it in stead of
opening it?

Regards,

Bart.

Quote:
> The problem is: same form is loading much slower in mde than in mdb. In
case
> of mdb form is loding slow for the first time, after that it loads very
fast
> while with mde form loading takes same time for subsequent loads. Does
> anyone know what could be done, because the form is rather complex (7-8
> subforms on tab control and code on open event).

> Thanks
> Alex

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:48:03 GMT
 MDE vs MDB
I'm not sure why an mde would respond slower than an mdb,
but I have a suggestion on getting the whole thing to work
faster.

Don't fill in the "SourceObject" properties of the subform
controls on the main form. Instead, use VBA to load them
in when the user clicks the page tab. (If there is a
subform on the first page of the page tab control, then
you'll have to set that one only.)

Code the page tab like this:

*****

Private Sub MyTabControl_Change()

    'tabs are zero indexed, 0 = page 1, 1 = page 2, etc.
    If MyTabControl = 1 Then
        If Me.MySubformControl.SourceObject = "" Then
            Me.MySubformControl.SourceObject = "MySubForm"
        End If
    End If

End Sub

*****

I do this when I have a lot of pages with a lot of
subforms. Works great.

You can also put in (DoCmd.Hourglass True) if the subform
itself is complex.

Quote:

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 02:07:12 GMT
 MDE vs MDB
Sorry, I want to modify my suggestion.

You should use a "Select Case" construct instead of
an "If" construct. This will allow you to write similar
code for each page.

Quote:

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 02:28:18 GMT

1. MDE vs MDB

2. Access runtime MDE vs MDB

3. mdb vs. mde

4. mdb vs mdb

5. .mdb or .mde?

6. mdb,mde tranfering prolpem

7. class in a mdb/mde

8. how to create an .MDE file from a utility (library) .MDB

9. determine mde vice mdb at runtime

10. Checking to see if db is MDB or MDE

11. MDE Bloats back to original MDB size?

12. Different behaviors if MDB or MDE