Instr()
Author Message
 Instr()

It looks like when I include the instr function in a loop, it doesn't update
after I increment the BeginText varible.

Anybody know anything about this??

Any help would be appreciated

TIA

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:47:59 GMT
 Instr()

Quote:
>It looks like when I include the instr function in a loop, it doesn't update
>after I increment the BeginText varible.

>Anybody know anything about this??

What would you expect to "update"? Please post your code. InStr simply
returns the first occurance of the second argument string within the
first argument string - it doesn't "know" it's in a loop.

                  John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 07:07:18 GMT
 Instr()
Thanks anyway. I was using it to strip out words in a block of text. Got it
working, for the most part. It stuffs the words into a dynamic array. Now
all I need to do is have it search a specific field all the way through a
database for each of those words...

Thanks anyway

Quote:

> >It looks like when I include the instr function in a loop, it doesn't
update
> >after I increment the BeginText varible.

> >Anybody know anything about this??

> What would you expect to "update"? Please post your code. InStr simply
> returns the first occurance of the second argument string within the
> first argument string - it doesn't "know" it's in a loop.

>                   John W. Vinson[MVP]
>     Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
> http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:28:47 GMT

1. InStr(cC(i), '/') vs InStr(cC(i), "/")

2. InStrRev & InStr

3. InStr Help Needed

4. InStr Function Help

5. Instr function

6. Bug in INSTR function

7. InStr question

8. Q:Queries that use Instr() to filter record.

9. What will Instr return?

10. Why won't INSTR() work!!???

11. InStr doesn't work correctly in PowerPoint 97