User defined function not recognized
Author Message
 User defined function not recognized

Hope someone can help me with this. I have defined a
public function that receives a date and returns a fiscal
year string. When I put it in a select statement and try
to run the code, I receive a function not defined error
message. I tried using this function in a query and it
worked fine. The statement goes something like this....
strsql = " select fiscal_year(billed_date),......."
billed_date is a valid field from the table that I'm
selecting from.

Thanks for any help.

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:55:54 GMT
 User defined function not recognized

Quote:

> Hope someone can help me with this. I have defined a
> public function that receives a date and returns a fiscal
> year string. When I put it in a select statement and try
> to run the code, I receive a function not defined error
> message. I tried using this function in a query and it
> worked fine. The statement goes something like this....
> strsql = " select fiscal_year(billed_date),......."
> billed_date is a valid field from the table that I'm
> selecting from.

> Thanks for any help.

Try

If it works in a query, then look at the query in SQL view to
see
what the syntax is.  I think you need something like.

strsql = " select fiscal_year(billed_date) as Expr1,......."

Ron
--
Ronald W. Roberts
Roberts Communication

To reply replace the zeros with O's

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:23:33 GMT

1. User-defined functions suddenly aren't recognized

2. User Control - User-defined type not defined

3. A97...User defined function not working in recordset

4. Import Form - User Defined Function Not Found

5. Help: User-Defined Functions not found after form import

6. User Defined Type Not Defined

7. User-defined not defined

8. Compile Error: User-defined type not defined

9. User-defined type not defined (Access 97)

10. Excel : User-defined type not define

11. Compile Error - User defined type not defined

12. User-defined type not defined (Access 2000)