Bolding text in concatenated fields
Author Message
 Bolding text in concatenated fields

Hello everyone:

I have a huge problem that I'm trying to get around.  I am trying to
bold portions of a string that is concatenated in a field on a form.  I
don't want to bold the WHOLE field, just a portion of it.  Is there any
way to bold PART of concatenated strings?  Any solution is greatly
appreaciated.  However, I don't think an easy solution is available.

Thanks in advance!

Will

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Bolding text in concatenated fields
This is not possible using the controls provided with Access.
You may solve this problem using Activex controls. Have you heard about the
Total Access Memo control? Go to www.fmsinc.com and see what it can do for
you.
Quote:

>Hello everyone:

>I have a huge problem that I'm trying to get around.  I am trying to
>bold portions of a string that is concatenated in a field on a form.  I
>don't want to bold the WHOLE field, just a portion of it.  Is there any
>way to bold PART of concatenated strings?  Any solution is greatly
>appreaciated.  However, I don't think an easy solution is available.

>Thanks in advance!

>Will

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Bolding text in concatenated fields
Look at the SelStart and SelLength properties, and see if they help.

- Turtle

Quote:
> Hello everyone:

> I have a huge problem that I'm trying to get around.  I am trying to
> bold portions of a string that is concatenated in a field on a form.  I
> don't want to bold the WHOLE field, just a portion of it.  Is there any
> way to bold PART of concatenated strings?  Any solution is greatly
> appreaciated.  However, I don't think an easy solution is available.

> Thanks in advance!

> Will

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Bolding text in concatenated fields
Sorry Turtle, those properties will not be of any help here.

William,  you need a Rich Text ActiveX control for this.  It ships with ODE
97 and is also available from FMS (www.fmsinc.com).

HTH
--
Dev Ashish    (Just my $.001)
----

:Look at the SelStart and SelLength properties, and see if they help.
:
:- Turtle
:

:> Hello everyone:
:>
:> I have a huge problem that I'm trying to get around.  I am trying to
:> bold portions of a string that is concatenated in a field on a form.  I
:> don't want to bold the WHOLE field, just a portion of it.  Is there any
:> way to bold PART of concatenated strings?  Any solution is greatly
:> appreaciated.  However, I don't think an easy solution is available.
:>
:> Thanks in advance!
:>
:> Will
:>
:>

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Concatenating a Text Field and a Number Field

2. Concatenating data fields with text

3. Formatted fields are half bold and half not bold

4. Bold and non-bold text in a label?

5. Having trouble accessing single field key with two concatenated fields

6. Concatenating Rich Text Box text

7. Bold Text is larger than normal text!

8. Rich Text Control and searching for bolded text

9. applying ital to selected fields within a concatenated textbox

10. Concatenate a field name

11. Concatenating Fields in sql-string in vba

12. Concatenating field name