Supplying Default File Name in Save window
Author Message
 Supplying Default File Name in Save window

Hi,

I'm using Project Pro 2002 connecting to Project Server.
Is there any way that I could supply a File Name (the name
to be stored in the DB as the Project File Name) through
code? So that when the Save pop up window appears, there
is already a default File name?

I'll be using an entry in a custom field as the default
file name, and the user would just supply additional info
on the file name once the pop up window appears.  I've
tried FileSaveAs but it disconnects from the server after
saving, saying that the project is not checked out to me
anymore.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
jay

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 08:46:26 GMT
 Supplying Default File Name in Save window

Hi,

You will need to create some VBA code to do this. I suggest adding a new
icon on a Toolbar that reads the default name from the custom field and
saves the project using that title.

--

Visit www.mvps.org/project/ for the Project MVP's FAQ and third party
add-ons

Rod Gill
Microsoft Project MVP
Visit www.projectlearning.com for customized Project and Office VBA macros
and Project companion software

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using Project Pro 2002 connecting to Project Server.
> Is there any way that I could supply a File Name (the name
> to be stored in the DB as the Project File Name) through
> code? So that when the Save pop up window appears, there
> is already a default File name?

> I'll be using an entry in a custom field as the default
> file name, and the user would just supply additional info
> on the file name once the pop up window appears.  I've
> tried FileSaveAs but it disconnects from the server after
> saving, saying that the project is not checked out to me
> anymore.

> Any suggestions?

> thanks,
> jay

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:46:59 GMT

1. Saving a file with a default name.

2. show save as dialog with default doc path but current file name

3. Problems launching Adobe Acrobat and supplying the file name

4. Set default-name for menu-item save

5. Capture Name of Default Window's Printer

6. The name of default Windows screensaver.

7. The name of default Windows screensaver.

8. VB code to save a text file format using current date as file name

9. VB code to save a text file format using current date as file name

10. dynamically getting file name when saving DOC file in VB

11. How to create a form from a supplied name

12. (off topic) IE5 default save file type