Saving embedded word 97 docs in Access db with linked SQL Server tables
Author Message
 Saving embedded word 97 docs in Access db with linked SQL Server tables

Hi,

I've been stymied by how to do this now for a few days, so any help
would be appreciated:  I have a simple Access 97 database with linked
SQL Server 7.0 tables.  I have an unbound, embedded Word OLE object in
one of the forms.  What I'm trying to do is save the document with all
formating to the database (the SQL field is varBinary).  The
properties are set correctly, because when I double click the field,
it becomes an editable word document and saves any text with
formatting that's entered.  However, I cannot get it to save to the
database.  I have tried programming to the Word object model with no
success.  Can anyone provide some code that could at least get me
started?

thanks!

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:36:44 GMT
 Saving embedded word 97 docs in Access db with linked SQL Server tables

I have written a book especially for people like you who need to know
how to get down and gritty with the Word object model. It is available
from the website in my signature block at the very bottom of this
message and its called the Word VBA Beginner's Spellbook.

Quote:
>Hi,

>I've been stymied by how to do this now for a few days, so any help
>would be appreciated:  I have a simple Access 97 database with linked
>SQL Server 7.0 tables.  I have an unbound, embedded Word OLE object in
>one of the forms.  What I'm trying to do is save the document with all
>formating to the database (the SQL field is varBinary).  The
>properties are set correctly, because when I double click the field,
>it becomes an editable word document and saves any text with
>formatting that's entered.  However, I cannot get it to save to the
>database.  I have tried programming to the Word object model with no
>success.  Can anyone provide some code that could at least get me
>started?

>thanks!

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.

Products:   http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/products.html
Spellbooks: 1129 pages of dump left and dropping...

The VBA Beginner's Spellbook: For all VBA users.

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 13:21:31 GMT

1. Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

2. Saving a Word 97 Document in a Access 97 table

3. INSERT INTO from SQL Server table into Access 97 table

4. Creating Word docs thru VB and saving to SQL Server

5. embedding or linking word docs

6. Access 2000 VBA/SQL - cannot create pseudo-index on linked SQL Server table

7. HELP!!..accessing access 2000 with linked SQL Server tables

8. Can you pass a table to Word 97 from Access 97

9. SQL Tables Linked to Access DB

10. SQL Tables Linked to Access DB

11. Access 97: How do I edit an embedded Word object through automation

12. DNS less Access Linked tables to SQL Server 2000