specific printer
Author Message
 specific printer

In my document template, is there a way to force documents made from the
template to print to a specific printer?

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:35:12 GMT
 specific printer
Sub AutoOpen()
        ActivePrinter = "YourPrinterName"
End Sub

should do it.

However as this will set the default printer, it might be better to setup a
printers toolbar, available to all documents, with buttons to direct the
output to each of your printer drivers. In the above case, change to

Sub SelectLaser()
        ActivePrinter = "YourLaserPrinterName"
End Sub

Sub SelectInkJet
        ActivePrinter = "YourInkJetPrinterName"
End Sub

Sub SelectFax()
        ActivePrinter = "YourFaxPrinterName"
End Sub

You could make this more complex with a user form if the whim dictated, but
three buttons on a custom toolbar does the job!
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

Quote:
> In my document template, is there a way to force documents made from the
> template to print to a specific printer?

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:13:12 GMT
 specific printer
One other problem with macros setting active printer is that with Word 2000,
this resets the default Windows printer.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://www.addbalance.com/word

Legal Users' Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented)
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:
> Sub AutoOpen()
>         ActivePrinter = "YourPrinterName"
> End Sub

> should do it.

> However as this will set the default printer, it might be better to setup
> printers toolbar, available to all documents, with buttons to direct the
> output to each of your printer drivers. In the above case, change to

> Sub SelectLaser()
>         ActivePrinter = "YourLaserPrinterName"
> End Sub

> Sub SelectInkJet
>         ActivePrinter = "YourInkJetPrinterName"
> End Sub

> Sub SelectFax()
>         ActivePrinter = "YourFaxPrinterName"
> End Sub

> You could make this more complex with a user form if the whim dictated,
but
> three buttons on a custom toolbar does the job!
> --

> > In my document template, is there a way to force documents made from the
> > template to print to a specific printer?

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:55:49 GMT
 specific printer

Quote:
> One other problem with macros setting active printer is that with Word
2000,
> this resets the default Windows printer.

Take a look at:

<http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/ChangeCurPrinter.htm>

--
ibby

Please post replies or follow-ups to the **newsgroup** so that participants
may benefit or contribute.

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:30:28 GMT

1. Specific Printer

2. Use of specific printer in Access2K on WAN

3. Change Page Setup - specific printer

4. Printing report on specific printer

5. Printing to a specific printer

6. Printing to a specific printer

7. VB3 Can I pre-select a Specific Printer ?

8. Printing to Specific Printer

9. Help Printing a Word Doc to Specific Printer

10. Printing with a specific printer

11. Printing with a specific printer

12. Directing a DataReport to a specific printer