Doing an edit replace on multiple word documents
Author Message
 Doing an edit replace on multiple word documents

I have several Word 2000 documents that have a file name and location
path stored in the footer. Tne information was hardcoded instead of
using a system variable.   The Word documents are going to have to be
moved to another location which will make what is displayed in the
footer incorrect. I would like to figure out how to do a global search
and replace to reflect the change. The documents are stored in several
different subfolders but all are stored under one parent folder.  Is
there a fairly easy way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 01:34:24 GMT
 Doing an edit replace on multiple word documents
Hi Steve,

Have a look at the article "How to Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents
in the same folder" at http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm
and the article "Using a macro to replace text where ever it appears in a
document including Headers, Footers, Textboxes, etc." at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/FindReplaceAllWithVBA.htm

HTH

Quote:
> I have several Word 2000 documents that have a file name and location
> path stored in the footer. Tne information was hardcoded instead of
> using a system variable.   The Word documents are going to have to be
> moved to another location which will make what is displayed in the
> footer incorrect. I would like to figure out how to do a global search
> and replace to reflect the change. The documents are stored in several
> different subfolders but all are stored under one parent folder.  Is
> there a fairly easy way to achieve this?

> Thanks a lot

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 01:54:24 GMT

1. Replacing words/variables in a word document

2. Print a word document built from multiple sub documents using the RD tag

3. 'Find and Replace' across multiple documents

4. Adding a picture into a word document while doing a mail merge

5. Find and Replace in Word Document using VBA

6. Custom Field in Word Document - Replace All Occurrences

7. HELP! Word Document - Tabs..(Replace with spaces)

8. Replace Several Different Words in A document

9. Replacing text in a Word document in ASP

10. web page for open, edit and submit a word document

11. Using Webbrowser Control to open and edit Word Documents

12. VB Script and Text Editing (Converting in WORD documents to HTML)