DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
Author Message
 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

What is the alternate way of performing

DoCmd.RUnCommand acCmdSaveRecord. This works fine in access 97 but
not in 2000.

Any help

DeepaS

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:21:30 GMT
 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
There is an alternative, but DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord works in
Access 2000 and Access 2002, so if it's not working in your application
something else is wrong.

That said, the alternative is Me.Dirty = False.

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)

Access 2000/2002 sample app at
http://brenreyn.brinkster.net
----------------------------

Quote:

> What is the alternate way of performing

> DoCmd.RUnCommand acCmdSaveRecord. This works fine in access 97 but
> not in 2000.

> Any help

> DeepaS

> --

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:59:04 GMT
 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

Brendan,

 I have briefed my my actual scenario here. See if you can help me

I have a front end application in access97 and I try converting it to
access 2000.

I have 'DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord' which works fine in access 97.
It lets me insert,update and delete records. But the same command does
not let me update the records in Access 2000.
Back end of the application is Informix. The Informix tables have serial
datatype which does not let me update the records. But if my datatype is
integer it lets me update records.

It throws me an error which is quite misleading ODBC-Call failed
[Intersolv] [ODBC Informix driver] [Informix]A(#-232)

I have set all the reference library files etc. in access 2000. But it
still throws the above error.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:40:53 GMT
 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
Sorry, that's outside my experience. If no one else answers the question
here, you might try microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)

Access 2000/2002 sample app at
http://brenreyn.brinkster.net
----------------------------

Quote:

> Brendan,

>  I have briefed my my actual scenario here. See if you can help me

> I have a front end application in access97 and I try converting it to
> access 2000.

> I have 'DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord' which works fine in access 97.
> It lets me insert,update and delete records. But the same command does
> not let me update the records in Access 2000.
> Back end of the application is Informix. The Informix tables have serial
> datatype which does not let me update the records. But if my datatype is
> integer it lets me update records.

> It throws me an error which is quite misleading ODBC-Call failed
> [Intersolv] [ODBC Informix driver] [Informix]A(#-232)

> I have set all the reference library files etc. in access 2000. But it
> still throws the above error.

> --

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:37:35 GMT
 DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
Instead of the DoCmd object, you could try the Application object. I wasn't
even aware that the DoCmd has the RunCommand method - I mostly use an
implicit Application (that is, no object at all)

--

Regards,
Bas Cost Budde

>What is the alternate way of performing

>DoCmd.RUnCommand acCmdSaveRecord. This works fine in access 97 but
>not in 2000.

>Any help

>DeepaS

>--

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:37:03 GMT

1. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

2. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord does not update the form!

3. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord A2K

4. help with DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdNewObjectReport required??

5. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdOpenDatabase

6. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase - causes error

7. DoCmd.Runcommand

8. Docmd.runcommand unhide

9. DoCmd.RunCommand equivelents in access 8

10. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompileAndSaveAllModules

11. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh

12. Cannot Use DoCmd.RunCommand!