Can't set open/run permission for modules in Security
Author Message
 Can't set open/run permission for modules in Security

I'm locked out of setting open run permissions for modules - when my users
log on they can not run modules therefore app doesn't work - As admin I can
run modules and things work fine.

I'm trying to implement security to lock users out of design but if they're
locked out of modules there's a problem. Any reason why I wouldn't be able
to lock set this permission?

Thanks,

Scott

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't set open/run permission for modules in Security
Scott,

Setting up security can be a little tricky. If you do not already have it I
would suggest you take a look at the security FAQ.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/dp2719.asp

--
Calum Reay
Director / Senior Analyst Programmer

Quote:
> I'm locked out of setting open run permissions for modules - when my users
> log on they can not run modules therefore app doesn't work - As admin I
can
> run modules and things work fine.

> I'm trying to implement security to lock users out of design but if
they're
> locked out of modules there's a problem. Any reason why I wouldn't be able
> to lock set this permission?

> Thanks,

> Scott

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with setting folder security permissions using WMI!!!

2. Setting NT Security Permissions with VB

3. Setting DCOM Security/Permissions programmatically

4. Canned AcctReceivable Module needed!

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. Run-Time Error '70' - Permission Denied

7. Run-Time Error '70' - Permission Denied

8. Run-Time Error '70': Permission Denied

9. IE Security setting to run ActiveX control

10. API call to open adobe and set security

11. 'how vb handles security set by MS access

12. activeX won't download, even though security set to low