file size increase problem
Author Message
 file size increase problem

hello,

i need your help ,I have a word document applications (with the extension of
.dot file ) which has been written using Macros
(VBA ) in word and  is placed  in the startup folder of Ms
office( c:\program files\Ms office\Office\startup). First it used to get
executed properly but now i find that day by day the file size  getting
increased as and when i edit the code in it and there are times when i get a
diskfull error . Pls help me , it is quite urgent.
--
Have a Nice day !

regards
Madhuri

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:06:31 GMT
 file size increase problem
Please do not post the same question in multiple newsgroups using multiple
messages. If you need to post in more than one newsgroup, please post a
single message with both newsgroups in the address header.

You may have a corrupt template or be suffering from code bloat.

Does your template make changes to the user interface using code each time
it is loaded and then save those changes in the template? Normally an add-in
should not be changing on a daily basis.

You may want to take a look at <URL:
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/document_corruption.htm> and also at the
Payne Consulting site. They have a downloadable (free) utility that compacts
templates suffering from bloat. <URL:
http://www.payneconsulting.com/freestuff.htm>
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:

Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)

See also the MVP FAQ: <URL: http://www.mvps.org/word/> which is awesome!
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:

> hello,

> i need your help ,I have a word document applications (with the extension
of
> .dot file ) which has been written using Macros
> (VBA ) in word and  is placed  in the startup folder of Ms
> office( c:\program files\Ms office\Office\startup). First it used to get
> executed properly but now i find that day by day the file size  getting
> increased as and when i edit the code in it and there are times when i get
> diskfull error . Pls help me , it is quite urgent.
> --
> Have a Nice day !

> regards
> Madhuri

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:46:20 GMT
 file size increase problem
Dear Madhuri,

the industrious MVP Charles Kenyon has a link to the free Payne
Consulting Word Cleaner template on his www.addbalance.com site as
well as lotsa of other stuff.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:36:31 +0530, "Madhuri"

Quote:

>hello,

>i need your help ,I have a word document applications (with the extension of
>.dot file ) which has been written using Macros
>(VBA ) in word and  is placed  in the startup folder of Ms
>office( c:\program files\Ms office\Office\startup). First it used to get
>executed properly but now i find that day by day the file size  getting
>increased as and when i edit the code in it and there are times when i get a
>diskfull error . Pls help me , it is quite urgent.

Steve Hudson, Word Heretic
HDK List MVP

Please reply via the newsgroups so that everyone can share

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:10:19 GMT

1. file size increase problem

2. Insert Pic as OLE increase file size dramatically

3. Usage commandbar ==> increasing file size

4. Access 7.0 File Size Increases

5. Adding new column into Access increases the size of the file

6. Increasing size of Access Application

7. Increase field size in linked table

8. mdw increases in size...

9. Database keeps on increasing in size

10. Why does DB increase in size ?

11. Access 2 increasing the size of a field using Basic

12. Dramatic increase in template size