Access and multithreading...
Author Message
 Access and multithreading...

If I am performing a tight loop of updates within a xxx_click() event that
will take some time to complete, how do I allow other events to be handled
during this time? I tried looking for a DoEvents type command but couldn't
anything...

-- Mike Calva

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Access and multithreading...

there is a DoEvents command that's available in VBA and it does what you're
looking for

Regards

Barry Matfield
Sagekey Software Inc
www.sagekey.com

Quote:

>If I am performing a tight loop of updates within a xxx_click() event that
>will take some time to complete, how do I allow other events to be handled
>during this time? I tried looking for a DoEvents type command but couldn't
>anything...

>-- Mike Calva

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Access and multithreading...

You cannot multithread your Access apps this way. DoEvents is all you
have....

Michael

Quote:
>If I am performing a tight loop of updates within a xxx_click() event that
>will take some time to complete, how do I allow other events to be handled
>during this time? I tried looking for a DoEvents type command but couldn't
>anything...

>-- Mike Calva

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multithreading in Access - Is it possible?

2. MultiThreading GPF when Accessing the DAO

3. Multithreading Access

4. MultiThreading GPF when Accessing the DAO

5. MultiThreading GPF when Accessing the DAO

6. DAO 3.5 and multithreading --yes or no?

7. Multithreading in Com Add in blocks Outlook Event Handlers

8. sockets and multithreading

9. Multithreading

10. Multithreading a new form

11. Multithreading and shared variables

12. Multithreading - SyncLock / mutex / shared resources