Main/subform printing problem
Author Message
 Main/subform printing problem

In an Access 8 application (mdb file) I have several main/subforms my
users print from time to time.

In a subform with 12 fields, in datasheet view, everything is visible on
the screen. If the subform is printed (and in print preview) all fields
are pressent.

When displayed as a part of the mainform, everything is visible on the
screen, but in print preview/on the print, the field which is last in
tab order, is not printet, and strangely, everything on the mainform is
printed w/o problems.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Michael

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Main/subform printing problem
I have almost exactly the same problem! I have a
subform which is itself a continuous form, within
the parent form. When viewed everything is fine.

However, when printed or print previewed the last
record within the continuous subform is omitted.

I have tried everything - the allow grow/shrink
controls, the size of the subform, the size of the
section within the subform, absolutely nothing
works. Which kind of hints at a bug (or is it a
'software feature'?)
The only thing that I've noticed is that the
number of records shown in the subform is
sometimes a factor. If the number of
records within the subform is greater than the
size of the section/subform object (on the parent
form) so that the objects have to grow, then the
last record will be omitted.
ie if there is space to print three records
without growing anything then those three will be
printed well. But if there are four or more
records then the last will be omitted.

The only two solutions I can think of is to insert
automatically one record with the sort field
content of "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" so that that one would
be omitted, but how retarded is that??? Or to make
the subform control so big so as to display at
least 200 records, but that is just as ugly, since
on the view screen you end up with a main form
scroll bar which scrolls the subform.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Marko
md<at>oblo<dot>com

  Michael Busch Sorensen

Quote:

> In an Access 8 application (mdb file) I have

several main/subforms my
Quote:
> users print from time to time.

> In a subform with 12 fields, in datasheet view,

everything is visible on
Quote:
> the screen. If the subform is printed (and in

print preview) all fields
Quote:
> are pressent.

> When displayed as a part of the mainform,

everything is visible on the
Quote:
> screen, but in print preview/on the print, the

field which is last in
Quote:
> tab order, is not printet, and strangely,

everything on the mainform is
Quote:
> printed w/o problems.

> Any suggestions?

> Kind regards

> Michael

>        The contents of this message express only

the sender's opinion.
Quote:
>        This message does not necessarily reflect

the policy or views of
Quote:
>        my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All

responsibility for the statements
Quote:
>        made in this Usenet posting resides

solely and completely with the

Quote:
>        sender.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Main/subform printing problem
Ok, more fiddling and I've found a solution.

If the form header/footer option is turned on, even if completely blank,
the last record won't print in a continuous subform, if that subform's
control has to be grown to fit the number of records.

Getting rid of the form header/footer solved the problem. Page
header/footer doesn't affect it.

Weird.

marko

Quote:

> I have almost exactly the same problem! I have a
> subform which is itself a continuous form, within
> the parent form. When viewed everything is fine.

> However, when printed or print previewed the last
> record within the continuous subform is omitted.

> I have tried everything - the allow grow/shrink
> controls, the size of the subform, the size of the
> section within the subform, absolutely nothing
> works. Which kind of hints at a bug (or is it a
> 'software feature'?)
> The only thing that I've noticed is that the
> number of records shown in the subform is
> sometimes a factor. If the number of
> records within the subform is greater than the
> size of the section/subform object (on the parent
> form) so that the objects have to grow, then the
> last record will be omitted.
> ie if there is space to print three records
> without growing anything then those three will be
> printed well. But if there are four or more
> records then the last will be omitted.

> The only two solutions I can think of is to insert
> automatically one record with the sort field
> content of "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" so that that one would
> be omitted, but how retarded is that??? Or to make
> the subform control so big so as to display at
> least 200 records, but that is just as ugly, since
> on the view screen you end up with a main form
> scroll bar which scrolls the subform.

> If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful!

> Thanks,
> Marko
> md<at>oblo<dot>com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using a main form to control the edit properties of a subform using VBA

2. Subform needs to call VB subroutine in main form

3. subform disapppears after requerying main form

4. Formsearch using main and subform

5. two subforms on a main form

6. Help in calling subform subroutines from the main form

7. Access 97 - Subform access triggers update for Main Form

8. Subform linked by autonumber field in main form

9. Main form/subform?

10. Requery a Combo Box on a Subform When Filtering the Main Form in Access 7.0

11. How do you simulate an Access Main / Subform setup in VB

12. Synchronizing DataRepeater as subform to main form