Search Engine for Access
Author Message
 Search Engine for Access

I'm looking for a module that will search all fields of specified tables in
an Access database for user inputted keyword, kinda like a WEB search engine
works.

The application I am working on is a Library catalog database for my
company. I'd like to be able to set it up so users can enter any word or
phrase and search the database.

A commercial product may be acceptable.

Scott<>

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Search Engine for Access

Quote:

> I'm looking for a module that will search all fields of specified tables in
> an Access database for user inputted keyword, kinda like a WEB search engine
> works.

> The application I am working on is a Library catalog database for my
> company. I'd like to be able to set it up so users can enter any word or
> phrase and search the database.

> A commercial product may be acceptable.

> Scott<>

You could dynamically create queries that include all of the fields from the
table(s) and include a lot of LIKE operators....  =)

--
HTH
-------------------------

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Search Engine for ACCESS...

2. Search Engine for Access...

3. Search Engine for Access...

4. Using VB to access web search engines

5. COM object to access search engines

6. COM object to access search engines

7. Tab to search field on search engines

8. Search Multiple Commercial Search Engines

9. Search Engine in a table

10. Creating search engine from MDB

11. Simple search engine

12. ==Search Engine that PAYS YOU==