Hard Drive Serial Number
Author Message
 Hard Drive Serial Number

says...

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a routine which will accept a drive designator and
> return the drives Serial Number?  Currently I am shelling to a batch file
> which redirects the output of DIR to a file.  Sure seems like there would
> be a cleaner method.

Not that it helps much, but under WIn16, this is quite difficult. Under
Win32, there's an API call that does this, I'm pretty sure. So, if you're
using Access 95 or 97, you should be able to do it without much effort.
Under Access 2, however, it's a real PITA. -- Ken

Mon, 21 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Hard Drive Serial Number

That's what I was afraid you would say!  That's two "Could be done in
95/97" answers in one night.  Sure would be nice if we could flip a switch
and have the "entire" end-user world switch to the 32 bit arena.  Take
care!

Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hard Drive Serial Number/Total Drive Size

2. hard drive serial number

3. Reading the Hard Drives Serial Number

4. Hard drive serial number

5. Getting Hard Drive Serial number

6. API call for hard drive serial number

7. Hard Drive Serial Numbers

8. Hard Drive Serial Numbers

9. Get hard drive serial numbers

10. Hard Drive Serial Number?