Copy many files with access 97
Author Message
 Copy many files with access 97

Good morning everybody,

I'm trying to copy several files in one operation with access 97.

With access 95 I use the Filcopy command with *.* argument without problem.

With access 97 we can't use the *.* argument but I would like to do it.

Do you know an other solution to copy many files in one operation ( VBA)
from disk C to F.

Please answer me

Thanks to everybody

Pascal

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy many files with access 97

Try to use dos copy (or xcopy) with a shell function:

x=Shell("copy c:\*.* f:\*.*")
Best regards,
___________
Alex Dybenko
Point Limited

Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5091/
Moscow MS Access User Group, chairman
http://www.arimsoft.ru/msaccess

Quote:

>Good morning everybody,

>I'm trying to copy several files in one operation with access 97.

>With access 95 I use the Filcopy command with *.* argument without problem.

>With access 97 we can't use the *.* argument but I would like to do it.

>Do you know an other solution to copy many files in one operation ( VBA)
>from disk C to F.

>Please answer me

>Thanks to everybody

>Pascal

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy many files with access 97

Try this procedure.

Sub CopyFiles(ByVal strSourceDir As String, strFileMask As String, ByVal
strDestDir As String)
  Dim strFileName As String
  On Error GoTo CopyFiles_err
  If Right(strSourceDir, 1) <> "\" Then strSourceDir = strSourceDir & "\"
  If Right(strDestDir, 1) <> "\" Then strDestDir = strDestDir & "\"

  strFileName = Dir(strSourceDir & strFileMask)
  Do While strFileName <> ""
    FileCopy strSourceDir & strFileName, strDestDir & strFileName
    strFileName = Dir()
  Loop
CopyFiles_end:
  Exit Sub
CopyFiles_err:
  MsgBox Err & ": " & Err.Description
  Resume CopyFiles_end
End Sub

Quote:

>Good morning everybody,

>I'm trying to copy several files in one operation with access 97.

>With access 95 I use the Filcopy command with *.* argument without problem.

>With access 97 we can't use the *.* argument but I would like to do it.

>Do you know an other solution to copy many files in one operation ( VBA)
>from disk C to F.

>Please answer me

>Thanks to everybody

>Pascal

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 - Copy Files

2. Copy BLOB's out of Oracle into a file using VBA in Access 97

3. vba code to copy table from access 97 to excel 97

4. Convert Access 2.0 Dbf-file to Access 97 Dbf-file

5. Access 97: How to create a copy of the current db database (including relations)

6. need to copy data from one field to another in access 97

7. copying an access 97 table

8. ADO Copy Tables from One Database to Another (Access 97)

9. Acc 97 - Copy mdb file

10. Access 97: VBA-DAO-Access 97 synchronization problem?

11. Opening Access 97 mdb file with Windows 2000

12. Access 97 - Create Text File