vbCrLf - what is it?
Author Message
 vbCrLf - what is it?

What does that (vbCrLf) mean, and where can I find information on it? MSDN
online is fairly useless when searching for an explanation... it returns
every article where a code example uses "vbCrLf".

Anyway, any related information would be helpful...

--
Sincerely,

Sean Doherty

 -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:19:13 GMT
 vbCrLf - what is it?

vbCrLf is a defined constant equal to the 2-character combination of
carriage return -- Chr(13) -- and line feed -- Chr(10).  It is interpreted
by Access as a line break.  In fact, in Windows versions of Access (at
least), vbCrLf is is identical in value to vbNewLine.
--

Dirk Goldgar
(remove NOSPAM from reply address)

Quote:
> What does that (vbCrLf) mean, and where can I find information on it? MSDN
> online is fairly useless when searching for an explanation... it returns
> every article where a code example uses "vbCrLf".

> Anyway, any related information would be helpful...

> --
> Sincerely,

> Sean Doherty

>  -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:33:55 GMT
 vbCrLf - what is it?

Hi,
    It is the VB constant that produces a carriage return and a line feed.
This is from the miscellaneous constants section in the on-line help in Access
97:
    Constant     Equivalent                  Description
     vbCrLf      Chr(13) + Chr(10)    Carriage returnlinefeed combination

HTH,

Louis

Quote:

> What does that (vbCrLf) mean, and where can I find information on it? MSDN
> online is fairly useless when searching for an explanation... it returns
> every article where a code example uses "vbCrLf".

> Anyway, any related information would be helpful...

> --
> Sincerely,

> Sean Doherty

>  -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:41:11 GMT
 vbCrLf - what is it?
vbCrLf is an access constant which stands for Caridge return ans line feed
and is used instead if chr$(13) & chr$(10). I use it a lot when creating a
pop up msgbox "some long message " & vbCrLf & "more words on a new
line",more constants to denote type,"A Title".
Use the online help with in access - much more use than MSDN!
It still takes a bit of digging though.

Cheers

Jo

Quote:
> What does that (vbCrLf) mean, and where can I find information on it? MSDN
> online is fairly useless when searching for an explanation... it returns
> every article where a code example uses "vbCrLf".

> Anyway, any related information would be helpful...

> --
> Sincerely,

> Sean Doherty

>  -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

 With Servers In California, Texas And {*filter*}ia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:40:00 GMT
 vbCrLf - what is it?

Sean,
Right click on it in a module, and then click "Definition".
Theen, Press F1 for more info.

--
Jeff Davies

Quote:

> What does that (vbCrLf) mean, and where can I find information on it? MSDN
> online is fairly useless when searching for an explanation... it returns
> every article where a code example uses "vbCrLf".

> Anyway, any related information would be helpful...

> --
> Sincerely,

> Sean Doherty

>  -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:06:58 GMT
 vbCrLf - what is it?

Thanks Dirk, Jo, Louis and Jeff. Got it.

--
Sincerely,

Sean Doherty

 -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

Quote:
> Sean,
> Right click on it in a module, and then click "Definition".
> Theen, Press F1 for more info.

> --
> Jeff Davies

Quote:
> > What does that (vbCrLf) mean, and where can I find information on it?
MSDN
> > online is fairly useless when searching for an explanation... it returns
> > every article where a code example uses "vbCrLf".

> > Anyway, any related information would be helpful...

> > --
> > Sincerely,

> > Sean Doherty

> >  -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:23:22 GMT
 vbCrLf - what is it?
It an intrisic Visual Basic constant which is a carriage return and line
feed.  Inserting it into text will cause the text line to continue on the
next line.  You can find out about all constants by using view/object
browser from the menu or pressing F2.  Look it up in the help.

Steve King

Quote:
> What does that (vbCrLf) mean, and where can I find information on it? MSDN
> online is fairly useless when searching for an explanation... it returns
> every article where a code example uses "vbCrLf".

> Anyway, any related information would be helpful...

> --
> Sincerely,

> Sean Doherty

>  -- If you need to email me, take the "zz" out of my email address --

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 06:04:39 GMT

1. vbcrlf or vbCrLf

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

5. vbCrLf after attachment - (not '.Body')

6. vbcrlf

7. Embedded vbLF in message body is converted to vbCRLf

8. Squares using vbCrLf or Chr(13)

9. Stripping vbCrLf from strings

10. problem adding vbCrLf to FormField

11. When vbCr and when vbCrLf?