The Shell Function
Author Message
 The Shell Function

I need to use the Shell function to run a batch file, which is stored along
a path, of which of of the folders has a space in the name. I know I can
abbreviate the folder name using the tilde (~) character and an incremental
number, but I prefer not to do that. I also know that the full path can be
enclosed in quotes - but that is where I am having a problem. How do I
construct the call so that it works?

I have tried :
v = Shell(chr(34) & "C:\Working\Access\All County\Copy.bat " & chr(34) &
sSourceFile & " " & sDesFile)

without success

Thanks for any help

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:50:01 GMT
 The Shell Function
Do either sSourceFile or sDesFile contain spaces?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:
> I need to use the Shell function to run a batch file, which is stored
along
> a path, of which of of the folders has a space in the name. I know I can
> abbreviate the folder name using the tilde (~) character and an
incremental
> number, but I prefer not to do that. I also know that the full path can be
> enclosed in quotes - but that is where I am having a problem. How do I
> construct the call so that it works?

> I have tried :
> v = Shell(chr(34) & "C:\Working\Access\All County\Copy.bat " & chr(34) &
> sSourceFile & " " & sDesFile)

> without success

> Thanks for any help

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:20:00 GMT

1. Shell Function not shelling under Windows NT.

2. Shell function

3. Shell Function

4. Browsing for Printers using SHBrowseForFolder Shell Function

5. Problem using Shell Function with MS Wordpad

6. Shell Function and paths

7. shell function and output

8. Shell Function

9. Shell function