Line break character for text box
Author Message
 Line break character for text box

I'm looking for a way to cycle through records on a form and replace a
certain character with a line break.  With a procedure that replaces my
# with Chr(13), I get little squares, but no line breaks, as it does in
Word when I do a similar procedure.  Any solutions to this?  My text
box is set to make line breaks when I press Enter.

Thanks,

Steven

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Line break character for text box
Steven,

I think you'll find you need to replace your # with a Carriage Return / Line
Feed pair (Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) rather than just the Chr$(13).  Depending on
the version of Access you're running, you could also use the predefined
constant 'vbCRLF'.

HTH,
Chris

Quote:
> I'm looking for a way to cycle through records on a form and replace a
> certain character with a line break.  With a procedure that replaces my
> # with Chr(13), I get little squares, but no line breaks, as it does in
> Word when I do a similar procedure.  Any solutions to this?  My text
> box is set to make line breaks when I press Enter.

> Thanks,

> Steven

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Line break character for text box
Thanks Chris.  Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Steve

Quote:
> Steven,

> I think you'll find you need to replace your # with a Carriage
Return / Line
> Feed pair (Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) rather than just the Chr$(13).
Depending on
> the version of Access you're running, you could also use the
predefined
> constant 'vbCRLF'.

> HTH,
> Chris

> > I'm looking for a way to cycle through records on a form and
replace a
> > certain character with a line break.  With a procedure that
replaces my
> > # with Chr(13), I get little squares, but no line breaks, as it
does in
> > Word when I do a similar procedure.  Any solutions to this?  My text
> > box is set to make line breaks when I press Enter.

> > Thanks,

> > Steven

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Line break character for text box
No problems :-)  (As long as it worked!)

Chris

Quote:
> Thanks Chris.  Sorry it took me so long to respond.

> Steve

> > Steven,

> > I think you'll find you need to replace your # with a Carriage
> Return / Line
> > Feed pair (Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) rather than just the Chr$(13).
> Depending on
> > the version of Access you're running, you could also use the
> predefined
> > constant 'vbCRLF'.

> > HTH,
> > Chris

> > > I'm looking for a way to cycle through records on a form and
> replace a
> > > certain character with a line break.  With a procedure that
> replaces my
> > > # with Chr(13), I get little squares, but no line breaks, as it
> does in
> > > Word when I do a similar procedure.  Any solutions to this?  My text
> > > box is set to make line breaks when I press Enter.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Steven

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:02:04 GMT

1. new line breaks in text box

2. Using line breaks in text boxes...

3. How to put line break in text box

4. line break in a text box

5. Sending return characters to a multi-line text box

6. Value single line text box with variable containing special characters

7. Breaking memo field into lines of 79 characters.

8. Line BReak Character?

9. Text from vba text box (>2000 characters) to a Word bookmard

10. Printing other lines from Multi-Line text box

11. Line numbers into multi-line text box

12. ? Text Box: multi line; fixed length per line