Need to send a string to the serial COM3: port using VBA
Author Message
 Need to send a string to the serial COM3: port using VBA

I need to send a string to the COM3: port using Visual Basic.  I'll start
the process with an OnClick event procedure but I'm not sure how to address
the serial port.  I'd prefer the command line used the default modem port
(whatever that maybe) but if I have to refer to the port by name, that's ok
too.

The string will be (for example)  "ATDT3037571234"

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Rick C

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:28:44 GMT
 Need to send a string to the serial COM3: port using VBA

Quote:
> I need to send a string to the COM3: port using Visual Basic.  I'll start
> the process with an OnClick event procedure but I'm not sure how to address
> the serial port.  I'd prefer the command line used the default modem port
> (whatever that maybe) but if I have to refer to the port by name, that's ok
> too.

> The string will be (for example)  "ATDT3037571234"

Rick:

See the following page at Tony Toews' web site for helpful links - some of the
commercial sites offer free "mini-utilities" that would probably suffice for
this simple requirement, as would one, or more, of the solutions identified as
"free" on the page:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/serialport.htm

--
Bruce M. Thompson, Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
>>No Email, Please. Keep all communications

    within the newsgroups so that all might benefit.<<

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:37:15 GMT

1. Need to send a string to the serial COM3: port using VBA.

2. sending strings with embedded nulls to serial port

3. How do I read my serial port using Access VBA

4. read data from serial port using vba for Access

5. Need help using serial ports with VB 4.0

6. Using serial port without using MSCOMM

7. Send text to serial port

8. Sending binary data through serial port

9. mscomm - send/receive from serial port

10. sending hex control codes via serial port

11. Sending Ascci codes to the serial port

12. Send Audio through Serial Port?