Password Protected Database
Author Message
 Password Protected Database

How does one open a connection to a password protected
Access Database (2000) using DAO.  I've tried the
OpenDatabase method, but that requires me to create a DSN
first, which I want to avoid.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:12:13 GMT
 Password Protected Database
Carlos,

Check this out:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnda...
daotoadoupdate_topic4.asp

Quote:
> How does one open a connection to a password protected
> Access Database (2000) using DAO.  I've tried the
> OpenDatabase method, but that requires me to create a DSN
> first, which I want to avoid.

> Does anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks in advance

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 01:30:46 GMT
 Password Protected Database
Hi there

Thank you very much.

As usual the answer is quite straight forward once you
know how...

Quote:

url=/library/en-us/dndao/html/
Quote:
>daotoadoupdate_topic4.asp

>> How does one open a connection to a password protected
>> Access Database (2000) using DAO.  I've tried the
>> OpenDatabase method, but that requires me to create a
DSN
>> first, which I want to avoid.

>> Does anyone have any ideas?

>> Thanks in advance

>.

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:35:38 GMT

1. Linking Tables in Password protected databases using VBA

2. Password protected database (Access 97)

3. Relinking to a password protected database

4. Append query to password protected database

5. Open a password protected database with DAO

6. Hack password protected database

7. OleDB and Password protected Databases

8. Connecting to password protected database

9. Password Protect Database.

10. Connect to password protected database?

11. VB and Password Protected Database

12. password protected database