Populating Outlook "Task" from Access97
Author Message
 Populating Outlook "Task" from Access97

My database keeps track of assignments and due dates.  I have been printing
the report and sending it around via e-mail.  Is there a way to send a
"task" to Outlook using VBA?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:54:11 GMT
 Populating Outlook "Task" from Access97

You can automate Outlook via VBA in any program. Just use the Outlook object
model. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/outtech.htm to get started. The code
to create a new task is really simple:

Sub MakeATask()
    Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set objTask = objOL.CreateItem(olTaskItem)
    ' set some properties
    objTask.prop = whatever
    '  save it
    objTask.Save
End Sub

--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> My database keeps track of assignments and due dates.  I have been
printing
> the report and sending it around via e-mail.  Is there a way to send a
> "task" to Outlook using VBA?

> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Continuos Form" populated with DAO code

2. How to populate a "select list"

3. Access97 "GetQuery"

4. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

5. Editing the "Task Pane"

6. Creating a Task with a "Manager"

7. "Keep updated copy" of task

8. Hide app from "End Task" list