I am editing a premade .dot and wonder how to set date where I want it
Author Message
 I am editing a premade .dot and wonder how to set date where I want it

Hi I'm using atemplate for writing letters with a premade interface (where I
enter receiver info like address and name) then the template starts a
document (DOT actually) witch automates date and sets the information about
receiver in correct places - all I have to do is to start writing.

Now, I want to change the "bookmark or place holder" for the atomatic DATE -
any suggestions (Its not easy?)?

Terry

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:42:17 GMT
 I am editing a premade .dot and wonder how to set date where I want it
If you insert a CREATEDATE field, it will automatically be set to the date
on which a document based on the template is created.

You should place the template in your user templates folder (You can find
out where this is by looking in Tools, Options, File Locations), and use the
File, New dialog to create a new document based on it.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Quote:
> Hi I'm using atemplate for writing letters with a premade interface (where
> enter receiver info like address and name) then the template starts a
> document (DOT actually) witch automates date and sets the information
about
> receiver in correct places - all I have to do is to start writing.

> Now, I want to change the "bookmark or place holder" for the atomatic
DATE -
> any suggestions (Its not easy?)?

> Terry

Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:26:35 GMT

2. updated question: .doc references .dot in same directory, instead of template directory (not what I wanted)

3. Date Edit / Currency Edit

4. Numeric Edit Control - dot net version

5. Editing Normal.dot for a different user account

6. date control/date edit field ?

7. Edit Mode - What am I doing wrong?

8. sendobject() : david @ epsom dot com dot au

9. Date$ not setting date properly