Shortcut Keys in Menu Bar
Author Message
 Shortcut Keys in Menu Bar

I am creating a menu bar type toolbar using the customize dialog box and
VBA.  Copy is one of the menu options in my custom menu bar.  If I do
not enter a shortcut key (Ctrl+C) for this Copy command but I do have an
On Action function, everything works beautifully.  If I do not give an
On Action function name but I do give a Shortcut key of Ctrl+C, it just
won't do anything but at least it doesn't {*filter*}out.The big problem
happens when I give this Copy command a Shortcut of Ctrl+C and my own
custom procedure as the On Action event at the same time.  When I do
this, Access shutsdown.  It's like a GP fault.  This is very annoying.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Now I do realize that Ctrl+C is an
automatic Shortcut key for Copy in the built-in toolbars, but I think I
am overriding that by providing an Autokeys Macro.  Do you know what is
going on here?  Please help!  I was thinking that the setting of the
Commandbars ID property might have something to do with it.  I am using
Access 97, if that helps.

Thanks!!!

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. cannot see shortcut key in menu bar??HELP

2. cannot see shortcut key in menu bar

3. Setting Shortcut Text in Custom Menu Bar?

4. Displaying Shortcut Key in Menu

5. Re : Shortcut keys in Menu

6. Menu editor - shortcut keys

7. invisible pop-up menus and shortcut keys

8. Changing menu shortcut keys at run-time

9. custom Ctrl menu shortcut-keys

10. Menu bar and keyboard shortcut PROBLEMS!

11. HELP: Menu with shortcut key fails on Win95

12. Menu Caption and Shortcut Key