Database keeps on increasing in size
Author Message
 Database keeps on increasing in size

The database is compacted.
I am creating a recordset that compares fields and updates the
appropriate fields in the recordset and then exits the functions.
When the routine is done the database increases fron 1.7 Mb to 600 Mb
what would cause a database to increase in size like that.
HELP !! NO MORE DISK SPACE

email welcome

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Database keeps on increasing in size
Hi, what type of data are you updating? Are you updating in a loop? Did you
check to see what happens during the execution of your code ?
If you show the code you are using we might help.

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Database keeps on increasing in size
I advice you to forget about Access95 and use Access97.
Quote:

>The database is compacted.
>I am creating a recordset that compares fields and updates the
>appropriate fields in the recordset and then exits the functions.
>When the routine is done the database increases fron 1.7 Mb to 600 Mb
>what would cause a database to increase in size like that.
>HELP !! NO MORE DISK SPACE

>email welcome

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access database size increase

2. Keeping field sizes w/in database limits

3. Insert Pic as OLE increase file size dramatically

4. Increasing size of Access Application

5. Increase field size in linked table

6. mdw increases in size...

7. Why does DB increase in size ?

8. Access 2 increasing the size of a field using Basic

9. Usage commandbar ==> increasing file size

10. file size increase problem

11. Dramatic increase in template size

12. file size increase problem