Run-time Compile Error on some installs
Author Message
 Run-time Compile Error on some installs

 I have a recurrent problem whereby a perfect (!) database issues bizarre
compile error messages when run on a different PC. The initial screen is a
bitmap which test the OnMove event and this triggers a compile error. Many
other error messages present when other forms are invoked. On most machines,
no problem.
One 1 occasion, I cured it by reinstalling a newer version of Win95 with
possibly a different version of Access95. The latest version of the db is a
replica setup and where it worked fine on one PC, it has now arisen again
just after a synchronisation, presumably because a compile was required and
this is where it completely falls over.
I've searched for code for which there is no control but can't find any.
Like I said, it works fine on 90% of PC both in Replica format and
standalone. No common thread ties the occurences of the problem together.
Please shed some light on this...
--

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-time Compile Error on some installs

The most likely cause of this is missing references, check the references on
the machine which is not working and re-establish them.

Quote:

> I have a recurrent problem whereby a perfect (!) database issues bizarre
>compile error messages when run on a different PC. The initial screen is a
>bitmap which test the OnMove event and this triggers a compile error. Many
>other error messages present when other forms are invoked. On most
machines,
>no problem.
>One 1 occasion, I cured it by reinstalling a newer version of Win95 with
>possibly a different version of Access95. The latest version of the db is a
>replica setup and where it worked fine on one PC, it has now arisen again
>just after a synchronisation, presumably because a compile was required and
>this is where it completely falls over.
>I've searched for code for which there is no control but can't find any.
>Like I said, it works fine on 90% of PC both in Replica format and
>standalone. No common thread ties the occurences of the problem together.
>Please shed some light on this...
>--

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run time error only when compiled runs

2. Strange Compile Errors at Run-time

3. run-time error and compiling

4. Run-time error and compiling

5. 31037 run time error with VB4(16) compiled exes

6. Run-time error while compiling.

7. compiled VB proj exhibits run time error, but not in IDE/debug

8. Run time error (48) in loading DLL after installing a distribution

9. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

10. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

11. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

12. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)