Recordset.Fields.Count problem
Author Message
 Recordset.Fields.Count problem

I've made Crosstab query with some Criteria restrictions. In VB module I'm
using Recordset.Fields.Count to count number of columns but it is not
working always. It is working when I have all data in Crosstab matrix. When
I have matrix with one column with only 1 value and Criteria is set in such
way that output of Crosstab is always matrix with all values fullfiled -
then Recordset.Fields.Count returns numbers of all columns, regardless of
Criteria in my query.
Is there any other way to correctly coun number of fields in Crosstab query?

Thanks in forward!

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Recordset.Fields.Count problem
Not quite clear on this but it sounds like the criteria of the Xtab chagnes
and does not have data in all the columns in the row header.  You may have
to dynamically adjust the column headers for the row heading to respond to
the data that is returned in the query...

Quote:

>I've made Crosstab query with some Criteria restrictions. In VB module I'm
>using Recordset.Fields.Count to count number of columns but it is not
>working always. It is working when I have all data in Crosstab matrix. When
>I have matrix with one column with only 1 value and Criteria is set in such
>way that output of Crosstab is always matrix with all values fullfiled -
>then Recordset.Fields.Count returns numbers of all columns, regardless of
>Criteria in my query.
>Is there any other way to correctly coun number of fields in Crosstab
query?

>Thanks in forward!

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Count values from field in ADO Recordset

2. Recordset.Count = -1 problem

3. Problem with TableDef.Fields.Count property. Please Help

4. Problem with TableDef.Fields.Count property. Please Help

5. recordset.fields problem in Access 2000

6. Problem with naming fields in recordset

7. Problem Opening Recordset with two fields concatenated As

8. Problem reading memo field in recordset

9. Recordset.fields.setvalue problem

10. sqlserver adodb recordset problem with empty fields

11. Problem with reading Access memo field contents from adOpenForwardOnly recordset

12. SQL - problem retrieving a blob type field into a recordset