macro to create specified number of labels
Author Message
 macro to create specified number of labels

Hi,

I have a client who regularly prints labels for some
packaging.  I set things up for him so that he brings in
the proper text from autotext and then he wants to be able
to specify how many labels he wants.  Sometimes it's two
and sometimes it's 75.  He doesn't want to have to figure
out how many pages of labels it is and he's very frugal,
so he would never just print a whole page of labels when
he may only need a few of them.

Would it be pretty simple to write a macro that would,
after he's placed his text in the first label "cell",
prompt him to reply as to how many labels he wants, and
then copy the text to as many label "cells" as he's
specified?

Thanks in advance for your help.  I believe this feature
actually existed in an old version of Works!  He saw it
there and wants it back.

Karen

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:20:34 GMT
 macro to create specified number of labels
Hi Karen,

The cheapest thing for him to do would be to use mailmerge from Excel to
create the labels and copy the address details down as many rows in the
excel data source as he wants to produce labels.

If he's that frugal, I don't expect that he would be prepared to pay for a
more elegant solution.

Please respond to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may be
interested.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a client who regularly prints labels for some
> packaging.  I set things up for him so that he brings in
> the proper text from autotext and then he wants to be able
> to specify how many labels he wants.  Sometimes it's two
> and sometimes it's 75.  He doesn't want to have to figure
> out how many pages of labels it is and he's very frugal,
> so he would never just print a whole page of labels when
> he may only need a few of them.

> Would it be pretty simple to write a macro that would,
> after he's placed his text in the first label "cell",
> prompt him to reply as to how many labels he wants, and
> then copy the text to as many label "cells" as he's
> specified?

> Thanks in advance for your help.  I believe this feature
> actually existed in an old version of Works!  He saw it
> there and wants it back.

> Karen

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:43:43 GMT
 macro to create specified number of labels
Doug,

Thanks for your answer.  I had actually already gotten him
going with the labels from Excel, but he's new to
technology and has a hard time with the mail merge
process.  At this point, I'm setting him up with all of
the labels set up as AutoText (about 10 of them).  He will
insert the appropriate AutoText label into the first label
on a document pre-formatted as the type of labels he
uses.  The only thing I'm not sure how to do is to create
a little macro that says,

How many labels do you want?

Then he types in a number and off goes a simple copy and
paste--the number of times he specified.

If this is a macro you could help me with, I would be much
appreciative!

Karen

Quote:

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:37:51 GMT
 macro to create specified number of labels
Karen!
I see that you have got an answer. Perhaps this one will give you some extra
information. Perhaps not.

You have to make a document with labels fitting your clients labels.
Delete all but one row of labels before starting the macro.
The macro inserts rows of labels so the number of labels is as many as he
want + 0-3.

As you understand of the macro you have to make a userform where the
information in the labels is put, and the wanted number of labels.

I hope this is of som e help for you, although the macro is perhaps not very
elegant!?

Sub lageantalllinjer()

Set otable = ActiveDocument.Tables(1)

Dim numberoflabelsr, numbrows
numberoflabels = UserForm1.Txtkolnr
NUMBROWS = numberoflabels \ 3
Selection.InsertRows NumRows:=NUMBROWS

For Each acell In otable.Range.Cells
    acell.Range.Delete
   acell.Range.InsertAfter UserForm1.txtnavn & Chr(13) _
   & UserForm1.Txtadr & Chr(13) & UserForm1.Txtpostnrsted
'This line places data from a userform into all cells.
'You have to design a userform with the necessary data.
' the chr(13) put the data on the new line on the label.

Next acell
End Sub

Quote:
> Doug,

> Thanks for your answer.  I had actually already gotten him
> going with the labels from Excel, but he's new to
> technology and has a hard time with the mail merge
> process.  At this point, I'm setting him up with all of
> the labels set up as AutoText (about 10 of them).  He will
> insert the appropriate AutoText label into the first label
> on a document pre-formatted as the type of labels he
> uses.  The only thing I'm not sure how to do is to create
> a little macro that says,

> How many labels do you want?

> Then he types in a number and off goes a simple copy and
> paste--the number of times he specified.

> If this is a macro you could help me with, I would be much
> appreciative!

> Karen

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:54:49 GMT
 macro to create specified number of labels
Doug,

Thanks for your answer.  I had actually already gotten him
going with the labels from Excel, but he's new to
technology and has a hard time with the mail merge
process.  At this point, I'm setting him up with all of
the labels set up as AutoText.  He will insert the
appropriate AutoText label into the first label on a
document pre-formatted as the type of labels he uses.  The
only thing I'm not sure how to do is to create a little
macro that says,

How many labels do you want?

Then he types in a number and off goes a simple copy and
paste--the number of times he specified.

If this is a macro you could help me with, I would be much
appreciative!

Karen

Quote:

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:41:34 GMT

1. need to specify avery label 5161 with 2 across in macro

2. Creating a Macro to create simple numbers

3. W97: Macro to create table (row x column) specified by user

4. Create a Custom Counter w/ Automatic Reset @ a Specified Number

5. Creating Sequential Numbering in Labels

6. How to create a certain number of buttons / labels

7. Specify the starting label of a used page

8. How to specify the date interval for X axis labels

9. manually run a specified rule with a vba macro

10. Specify path to Excel File in Word Macro

11. Unable to run the specified Macro

12. Specifying starting macro with /m