I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues
Author Message
 I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues

I am loading from an Excel Spreadsheet into MS Project

I am doing that once a week and using the program
that compares the projects.

The compare program thinks that all the tasks have changed.

It works fine if I use the same have and delete or add
some by hand, but when I re-create a file from the Excel
Spreadsheet (which was created by a Database) it thinks
all the Tasks are new ones.

Does this compare program use some keys that I can't see?

Thanks,
   Byron

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:02:25 GMT
 I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues

Quote:

> I am loading from an Excel Spreadsheet into MS Project

> I am doing that once a week and using the program
> that compares the projects.

> The compare program thinks that all the tasks have changed.

> It works fine if I use the same have and delete or add
> some by hand, but when I re-create a file from the Excel
> Spreadsheet (which was created by a Database) it thinks
> all the Tasks are new ones.

> Does this compare program use some keys that I can't see?

> Thanks,
>    Byron

I am not sure of the specifics, but it is probably using the Task Unique ID
and may use the "created" date for the tasks. Thus it is not surprising that
it thinks the tasks are new. Unless your spreadsheet contains all the
necessary columns I think you will run into trouble.

Perhaps you can do a comparison between the two versions of your excel file
instead.

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently. For Macros and other things check http://masamiki.com/project

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 05:27:55 GMT

1. Macro that compare the two verson of MS Project schedules

2. Using MS Access to populate specific fields in MS Project

3. Using MS Access 97 to Create and Manage MS Project 98

4. VB project using .MDB without having Access?

5. MS Project 98 vs Ms Project 2000

6. ASP.NET update task in MS Project Server and MS Project

7. Conversion from MS project 95 to MS project 2000

8. After adding tasks outside of MS Project, saving in MS Project deletes them

9. MS Project Com addin error

10. VB COM Add-In for MS Project

11. ?MS Project COM Template Won't Compile?

12. VB COM Add-In for MS Project