Object does not support this property or method 
Author Message
 Object does not support this property or method

I'm trying to run a basic PossibleValue VB script, and I
keep getting this error:

"Object does not support this property or method"

I'm coding in the Outlook script editor.

What am I doing wrong.
Thanks
-A



Mon, 05 Jan 2004 07:44:24 GMT  
 Object does not support this property or method
Can you post a portion of the code you are having problems with?  The reason
that I ask is that the best we could tell you is that the error message
means that your object.method or object.property call isn't supported.


Quote:
> I'm trying to run a basic PossibleValue VB script, and I
> keep getting this error:

> "Object does not support this property or method"

> I'm coding in the Outlook script editor.

> What am I doing wrong.
> Thanks
> -A



Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:41:45 GMT  
 Object does not support this property or method
sure, for all I know, it's simply syntax.

        set Control = UserProperties("DropDown2")    
        Control.PossibleValues = "Test1;Test2:Test3"

I'm trying to set the possible values of a drop down menu.
This snippet is giving me the "Object does not support
this property or method" error.
Thanks for your time.
-A

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Can you post a portion of the code you are having

problems with?  The reason
Quote:
>that I ask is that the best we could tell you is that the
error message
>means that your object.method or object.property call
isn't supported.



>> I'm trying to run a basic PossibleValue VB script, and I
>> keep getting this error:

>> "Object does not support this property or method"

>> I'm coding in the Outlook script editor.

>> What am I doing wrong.
>> Thanks
>> -A

>.



Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:59:44 GMT  
 Object does not support this property or method
I wouldn't use PossibleValues, it causes the form to become one-offed.
You can just set the values in the control's properties.

UserProperties is a collection of an item. So it would be
Item.UserProperties.

However, if you are referring to a control and not a user property
(implied by use of PossibleValues) then you would get the control from
the ModifiedFormPages collection:

Set Control = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("PageName"). _
Controls.Find("DropDown2")

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams


Quote:
> sure, for all I know, it's simply syntax.

> set Control = UserProperties("DropDown2")
> Control.PossibleValues = "Test1;Test2:Test3"

> I'm trying to set the possible values of a drop down menu.
> This snippet is giving me the "Object does not support
> this property or method" error.
> Thanks for your time.
> -A



Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:24:09 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Object Does Not Support Method or Property

2. Object does not support property or method

3. Error - Object does not support this property or method

4. Runtime 438 object dosenot support this property or method

5. Object doesn't support this property or method : 'DTSGlobalVariables(...).Value.Open

6. Object doesn't support this property/method??????

7. Object doesn't support this property or method

8. Object doesn't support this property or method

9. Object doesn't support this property or method

10. Object doesnt support this property or method?

11. Object doesn't support this property or method

12. Object doesn't support property or method

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software