Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6
Author Message
 Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

Hi,

I really need to know what method, components, syntax, do i need to use
in VB6 just to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 database.

Please help!!!

TIA
jikad

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:30:41 GMT
 Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6
You really need to use Access to properly convert an MDB, especially if it
has any code, forms, etc..  And unless you are actually going to use the MDB
in Access 2000, there really isn't a need to convert it for use in VB
anyway.

If the MDB consists of tables and queries only, you could use the DAO
CompactDatabase method (with version specified).  DO NOT use this method if
the MDB contains any Access objects (code, forms, reports, macros).  It is
quite likely that you'll corrupt the MDB, if you use this method and Access
objects are present.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I really need to know what method, components, syntax, do i need to use
> in VB6 just to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 database.

> Please help!!!

> TIA
> jikad

> --

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 13:23:00 GMT

1. Should I convert db from Access 97 to Access 2000

2. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

3. Converting Access 97 DB to 2000 using VB

4. opening access 97 db after convert/importing to 2000

5. display chinese using DAO 3.6/VB6 in accessing Access 2000 DB.

6. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

7. Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors

8. Converting Access 97 to Access 2000 via VBA

9. Converting Access 2000 to Access 97

10. Convert Access 97 - Access 2000

11. Converting from Access 97 to Access 2000

12. Converting an Access 2.0 DB to '97 in VB