COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE
Author Message
 COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

It means the template (the part of it that stores the macros, at least), is
corrupt.

Quote:
> Hi,
> When I am opening a word document to which a template with
> micros is attached, I get following error:

> RUNTIME ERROR: 5981
> COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

> Any idea what is the cause?

> Thanks.
> -Vishnu

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:40:19 GMT
 COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE
Not always.  Often it means there's a reference set in the template that's
broken.  Open the template in the VBE and click Tools-> References.  If
anything in that list is marked "MISSING" that's almost certainly the cause.

--

Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word

Quote:

> It means the template (the part of it that stores the macros, at least), is
> corrupt.

> > Hi,
> > When I am opening a word document to which a template with
> > micros is attached, I get following error:

> > RUNTIME ERROR: 5981
> > COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

> > Any idea what is the cause?

> > Thanks.
> > -Vishnu

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 18:16:42 GMT
 COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE
It can do; but you get that message - for that reason - on opening a
document only if the template is running code when the document opens.
Otherwise you don't see that message until you do something with the
template's code or try to switch to VBA. But you're right, certainly worth
checking.

Quote:
> Not always.  Often it means there's a reference set in the template that's
> broken.  Open the template in the VBE and click Tools-> References.  If
> anything in that list is marked "MISSING" that's almost certainly the
cause.

> --

> Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
> MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word
> Userform demystification:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~mtangard/userforms.html
Quote:
> "Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." --John Waters

> > It means the template (the part of it that stores the macros, at least),
is
> > corrupt.

> > > Hi,
> > > When I am opening a word document to which a template with
> > > micros is attached, I get following error:

> > > RUNTIME ERROR: 5981
> > > COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

> > > Any idea what is the cause?

> > > Thanks.
> > > -Vishnu

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:49:02 GMT

1. Could not open macro storage error: 5891

2. could not open macro storage

3. Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage

4. Could Not Open Macro Storage

5. Could not open macro storage

6. 5981 could not open macro storage error

7. error - Could not open macro storage

8. Could not open macro storage!!!!!!!!!!

9. Could not open macro storage error.

10. Could Not Open Macro Storage

11. Urgent: Could not open macro storage

12. 5981 Error : Could not open Macro Storage