Break Links or Paste without Links from QuatroPro
Author Message
 Break Links or Paste without Links from QuatroPro

I am attempting to write a macro that creates a word file
which includes some charts that have been formulated in
Corel QuatroPro.  The Q-pro file must be open when the
word file is opened in order for the charts to update. I
want to update and break the links to the charts so when
others open the file they do not get prompted to open q-
pro.

I think I have 2 choices:

1) Create a template in which the charts are linked to the
Q-Pro files. Have the macro open the template, update the
links, break the links and then save it under a different
name.

2) Edit, copy and paste the charts (without the links)
from the template into another file.

When I use the recorder to write the macros, it doesn't
record "breaking the links" nor does it record "edit paste
special, picture (not linked). In either case, I end up
with links to the q-pro charts.

Is there a way a program in Word 2002 that will do either
of these steps?

Mark Bowman
The Hightower Report

Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:15:18 GMT
 Break Links or Paste without Links from QuatroPro
Hi Mark,

Quote:
> When I use the recorder to write the macros, it doesn't
> record "breaking the links"

Are these objects floating over the text, or are they
in-line? (Inline would be preferable)

Quote:
> nor does it record "edit paste
> special, picture (not linked).

The problem is you have to know what OLEFormat to specify for
the PasteSpecial method. What are you selecting in the dialog
box list?

Personally, I'd prefer the method breaking the links, if it
will work. The clipboard is always a bit chancy...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:18:14 GMT

1. Changing the linked table path without the linked table manager

2. Macros/Paste Links

3. Pate Special - Paste link question

4. Paste Link-problem with VB3.0 and Word

5. Access 97 Broken Links and Speed Problems

6. Broken Links - Missing some lines

7. breaking links to excel programmatically

8. Breaking all Links of a Ressourcepool

9. Breaking Links in VBA code

10. Toggle footer - break the link

11. Automating Breaking Links in Word

12. programmatically breaking links to excel