Stop link update in linked source file
Author Message
 Stop link update in linked source file

Here's a tough one:

I have a Word XP document with charts and tables linked to an Excel XP
source workbook. The source Excel workbook itself has DDE links to a
database to populate its cells.

I am writing a macro in Word to open the Word document, and refresh
its links to the Excel workbook - but I don't want to allow the Excel
workbook to update its DDE links.

What is the VBA equivalent of pressing "No" in the Microsoft Excel
message box opened by Word when it discovers the DDE links in Excel? -
The one that says "This workbook contains links to other sources, to
update all click yes, to keep, press no".

Much obliged for any input.

Sun, 02 May 2004 08:01:58 GMT

1. Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method

2. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

3. Cannot change link to an excel source file in my word doc

4. changing source file of floating linked excel charts and worksheets

5. Update / Delete linked text file data

6. Auto update links to files in directory?

7. Updating a single OLE link for a record OR updating existing database

8. Help New Record on form stops refreshing of linked tables

9. Changing the linked table path without the linked table manager

10. Delete link and recreate link automatically

11. Excel Linking and Excel/Access Linking

12. linking all fields in linked table?