Close a MsgBox from code
Author Message
 Close a MsgBox from code

- How can I check in VBA code id currently a MsgBox is
open ?

- How can I close a MsgBox from VBA code ?

Thanks,
Ivan

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:17:51 GMT
 Close a MsgBox from code
IMHO, when msgbox opened - code waits until it get closed

Quote:
> - How can I check in VBA code id currently a MsgBox is
> open ?

> - How can I close a MsgBox from VBA code ?

> Thanks,
> Ivan

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:46:24 GMT
 Close a MsgBox from code
Yes, and No ...
I have code linked to a timer event(runs once a minute),
and this code still executes when it's time has come, so
from that code I could close the MsgBox if there is a way
to identify the object.

Ivan

Quote:

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:56:37 GMT
 Close a MsgBox from code

Quote:
> - How can I check in VBA code id currently a MsgBox is
> open ?

> - How can I close a MsgBox from VBA code ?

You could probably do it by way of API calls to locate and get a
handle to the MsgBox window and send a message to it, though I've
never done that.  However, it would be a lot simpler if you used your
own custom form instead of a MsgBox.  Then you could easily manipulate
it with VBA code, and if you wanted you could have a Timer event on
that form close it automatically after a specified period of time.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:54:37 GMT
 Close a MsgBox from code
Creating a VB-Timed Message Box with SetWindowsHookEx
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

Take a look at this article for information.

HTH

--
Rob

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Having trouble with your database?
-Are you ready to upgrade, but don't have the expertise?
Let the FMS Professional Solutions Group solve it for you.
www.FMSInc.com/Consulting
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote:
> - How can I check in VBA code id currently a MsgBox is
> open ?

> - How can I close a MsgBox from VBA code ?

> Thanks,
> Ivan

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:40:23 GMT
 Close a MsgBox from code
Use a form instead of a MsgBox.  I think MsgBox is too dumb to be closed
by anything but user interaction.

Kevin

Quote:

> Yes, and No ...
> I have code linked to a timer event(runs once a minute),
> and this code still executes when it's time has come, so
> from that code I could close the MsgBox if there is a way
> to identify the object.

> Ivan

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 04:14:11 GMT

1. Close a Msgbox in Code?

2. Close a Msgbox in Code?

3. Close a Msgbox in Code?

4. Automatically closing down Access using code after a Modal window has been closed

5. How to Disable the Close Msgbox with WORD

6. Closing another app's msgbox

7. Need help on closing form together with msgbox

8. How Can I automatically close a MsgBox ?

9. Closing msgbox using timer control

10. Msgbox without 'Close' in Title

11. Closing a MsgBox

12. Closing a Msgbox