emailing partial reports
Author Message
 emailing partial reports

The access database I am working on generates statements to clients.
The clients email address is a field I have access to.  Anyway, I have a
report that is the current monthly statement for all of our clients.
What I would like to do is have the system automatically email the pages
of this report that belong to each client to that particular client.

I experimented with Word's mail merge capabilities at it appears to have
something very close to what I need as a feature of mail merge.
Unfortunately the data for the report in question does not export easily
into a mail merge data source file.  The statements vary a tremendous
amount depending on the clients activity.  That is way they are
generated as database reports in the first place.

Is there a good way to do this sort of emailing from access.  Some of
the issues that I am concerned about include:
1. Can I send the report in a format that everyone can read (PDF or as a
word document).

2. How do I assure that the clients only see their own portion of the
report (i.e. only the records for that client)

3. Can I automatically attach files (fixed or shared common data) to the
email message.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Fri, 14 May 2004 22:44:50 GMT

1. Emailing Access reports

2. emailing reports with subreports WITHOUT using sendObject

3. Emailing Reports Containing SubReports

4. Access97: Emailing mulitple reports

5. Emailing / Faxing Reports

6. Emailing an access report using VB .NET?

7. Printing/Emailing Access reports from VB

8. Problems Emailing a Crystal Report

9. emailing a report

10. Problems Emailing a Crystal Report

11. Emailing a report