Cannot find MAPI client
Author Message
 Cannot find MAPI client

Hi all,

I'm just trying some really simple code to iterate through an Outlook inbox
(from Access 2002).

Sub connectToOutlookEmail()
    Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
    Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

    rs.Open "SELECT * FROM inbox in 'c:\;'[Outlook 9.0;MAPILEVEL=Personal
Folders|;];", con
    While Not rs.EOF
    Debug.Print rs(0)

    rs.MoveNext
    Wend
    rs.close
End Sub

However, it breaks on the rs.Open with "There are no MAPI clients installed
on this machine.  Install a MAPI client (like Outlook) on the machine.".
Which is fine, but Outlook 2002 is installed and working happily.  I have
also tried running fixmapi, which made no difference.

The other option I wanted to try is linking a table using Outlook().
However when I do this, I get "Microsoft Access can't run the Outlook /
Exchange Wizard.  Make sure that you have either Microsoft Outlook, Outlook
Express, or Micrsoft Exchange Server installed on your computer, and that
you can log on to your mail account."

In any case, if I get this to work, is the best way to do what I want?
Basically, we are expecting Excel attachments to be emailed to us every so
often, and need to handle those automatically.  Is there some kind of
trigger that I can use rather than polling for new mail?

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:33:20 GMT
 Cannot find MAPI client
Solved - did a repair install of Office XP.

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:25:37 GMT

1. HELP - Still cannot stop CANNOT FIND INSTALLABLE ISAM :(

2. Error: pdsodbc.dll not found, 20532 cannot find database dll

3. MAPI.Message object cannot be created?

4. MAPI.Message object cannot be created?

5. Cannot e-mailing with Outlook XP through MAPI

6. MAPI DLL cannot loaded unter windows NT 4.0 - but it works with 95/98 - VB 3.0

7. MAPI Client from Access

8. Cannot deploy SOAP Client - HELP!

9. Mapi clients and Outlook...

10. outlook express from application (MAPI) when OE is not default e-mail client

11. Send an email using MAPI object (client side VBScript)

12. Cannot Subclass Webservice-returned Classes in Client App