UserForms and moltiple documents in Word 2000
Author Message
 UserForms and moltiple documents in Word 2000

Hi,
I have a template, in that template is a UseForm. I call
the form programmaticaly from a macro with the
method "Show", the problem is that if i have more then one
document opened (all based on the same template) the
application jumps to another document. I tried to find a
consistancy of the documents thet the application jumps to
when ever i show a form, but so far every consistancy i
thought i found turned to be very inconsistent. I tried
other ways like remembering the document from which i came
and reactivating it in the froms onLoad event or
reactivating its window but nothing seems to work.

Hope you would know what to do...

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 22:35:58 GMT
 UserForms and moltiple documents in Word 2000
See the macro in the VBA Code Snippets template at my URL below.
Demonstrates technique for avoiding the problem.
It's an SDI issue.

--
Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
message.

http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Word macros, including
converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing and reviewing; Standards

> Hi,
> I have a template, in that template is a UseForm. I call
> the form programmaticaly from a macro with the
> method "Show", the problem is that if i have more then one
> document opened (all based on the same template) the
> application jumps to another document. I tried to find a
> consistancy of the documents thet the application jumps to
> when ever i show a form, but so far every consistancy i
> thought i found turned to be very inconsistent. I tried
> other ways like remembering the document from which i came
> and reactivating it in the froms onLoad event or
> reactivating its window but nothing seems to work.

> Hope you would know what to do...

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 03:53:19 GMT
 UserForms and moltiple documents in Word 2000
Hi,
First off all thank u very much for u'r response. Second,
i've tried u'r solution but it didnt work. My problem is
that the doccuments window jumps to another window after
the Activate function of the UserForm had finished
working... . And not when if i call commands like add
document or close... . However u'r solution seems to be on
the right track, I would really like to get some more
information about the SDI issue in any way possible. U can
contackt me throw my email or post the responce here.. .
Thank u very much for all u'r help!
 Yulia.

Quote:

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:29:06 GMT
 UserForms and moltiple documents in Word 2000
The example I provided demonstrates the elements of the necessary
techniques. It took me much of three daze to figure this out.

Actually applying those techniques to existing code can be complicated.
You'll need to grind through this yourself or pay someone to help you. The
task could be very easy or be very difficult, it depends on your existing
code.

--

http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Programming and support for
Word macros, including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical writing
and reviewing; Standards

> Hi,
> First off all thank u very much for u'r response. Second,
> i've tried u'r solution but it didnt work. My problem is
> that the doccuments window jumps to another window after
> the Activate function of the UserForm had finished
> working... . And not when if i call commands like add
> document or close... . However u'r solution seems to be on
> the right track, I would really like to get some more
> information about the SDI issue in any way possible. U can
> contackt me throw my email or post the responce here.. .
> Thank u very much for all u'r help!
>  Yulia.

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:46:36 GMT

1. Passing Userforms to subs (Word 2000 and 2002, I did not try Word 97)

2. Mailmerge document restored to normal document (Word 2000)

3. (Q211727) Mail merge document restored to normal document - Word 2000

4. Outlook 2000 to Word 2000 document merge problem

5. saving Word 2000 document as Word 97 format

6. Multiple UserForms in a Word Document

7. Updateing email address in a word 2000 document from VBA

8. Word 2000, Multi-Section Document, Error Assigning Value to Paper Tray

9. Word 2000 can not close invisible documents

10. Word 2000, SendFax method (Document object)

11. word 2000 hangs at "document.open"

12. Determining the number of pages in a document - Word 2000