pull down menu in Access-VBA
Author Message
 pull down menu in Access-VBA

I am working at the field of database developing.
The usual way to create a application with Access and VBA
is to put command controls onto a form.
With the command controls you connect a event procedure
with VBA code.
That is the same as with Visual Basic 6.

My problem is that the command controls are a little bit
clumsy and if you have to put a lot of them onto the form
it is very complex.
Visual Basic 6 is using an Menu editor (Menu Extras / Menu
editor). You can create there pull down menus with sub
menus and you can spare a lot of space on the form.

If the user run this application he or she can use these
pull down menus like in Windows itself.
My question is:
Is there any solution for this problem in VBA like it is
in Visual Basic 6?

If you have a solution for this problem please let me know.

Thanks.
Gerd

Gerd Sechting

Neuruppin
Germany

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:34:40 GMT
 pull down menu in Access-VBA
You can create menus in ms-access. They are very easy to build, and
generally require no code to make the menu.

Here is a screen shot of a menu in action:

http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn/test/rides/ridesmm.gif

and another:

http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn/Rides/menubook.gif

Here is a link as to how you can create menu bars in ms-access:

http://www.microsoft.com/Accessdev/articles/bapp97/chapters/ba01_6.htm

--
Albert D. Kallal     (MVP)
Edmonton,  Alberta Canada

http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:05:00 GMT
 pull down menu in Access-VBA
It is very easy to use the Office Object Model to make
commandbars, shortcutmenus, menubars. You can do it by
drag and drop buttons in new menus or you can do it
programmaticaly in VBA.

The way I do it is I build up a table and use a function
to create the shortcutmenus. All features are accessible:
enabled, faceid, text etc.

Just make a reference to the Office .dll (mso.dll) in
your references and check the object browser for
information how to program.

Success
Daniel

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:26:05 GMT

1. pull down menus mit VBA in Access

2. Java pull down menu applet to fire script

3. Pull-down menus in PowerBasic 2.1

4. Pull Down Menus

5. ASP Dynamic Pull Down Menus

6. icons in pull-down menu

7. ASP Dynamic Pull Down Menus

8. icon in pull down menu?

9. Icons in Pull-Down Menu Entries

10. Pull down menus??????

11. dynamic pull down menus

12. Pull down menus and radio buttons in VBscript?