Getting a name from current contact
Author Message
 Getting a name from current contact

I am trying to pull the name from an open contact.

Can someone help me figure out a line of code that returns a ContactItem
object from a currently open contact window?

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 03:24:22 GMT
 Getting a name from current contact
Dim Item as Object
Set Item = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
'make sure it is ContactItem
if Item.Class = 40 then MsgBox Item.FirstName & " " & Item.LastName

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> I am trying to pull the name from an open contact.

> Can someone help me figure out a line of code that returns a ContactItem
> object from a currently open contact window?

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 04:31:02 GMT

1. Pull the name from the current contact

2. Retrieve name of current sub/function and name of current module

3. Retreive current contact index from contact form

4. Getting name of current procedure

5. (Q) Getting current Sub/Function name (or Object Browser functionality)

6. Getting the User Group name using Current User Function

7. Getting current machine name

8. getting the name of current function/SUb

9. Getting name of current control

10. Getting current Win95 user name

11. VB 4.0 - Getting the current User Name

12. Getting the name of the current VBS file