Help: Form/Subform filter
Author Message
 Help: Form/Subform filter

I have a "standard" form/subform set up. The main form is based on a
table and the subform on a query. I want to filter the records in the
main form, using a field that only appears in the subform.

The problem I get is that because the main form is based on a table
rather than a query, I can't access fields in the subform in order to
apply criteria. I tried basing the main form on a query as well, but
that caused wierd problems such as duplicate records and the cascade
delete didn't work properly.

I had a good look in the manual and on the 'net but couldn't find any
examples of how to get round this. It does imply in the Access 2.0
manual that it may not be possible to use filters with a form/subform
and yet it seems such an "ordinary" thing to want to do.

Any comments welcome.
--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gerry1/

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Applying a filter on a form filters subforms, too

2. Form goes to 1st record when filter applied to subform

3. Filter By Form Using Subform Fields

4. Requery a Combo Box on a Subform When Filtering the Main Form in Access 7.0

5. HELP: Filter a subform

6. Filter in subform in Access (need help)

7. navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform

8. changing the sourceobject of subform when the form and subform are loaded

9. Filter Querry on Subform using calender control

10. Question about the SubForm Object to help reference a subform

11. Setting the Filter property on subform

12. filter subforms