Position to a row in a subform based on input in the parent form
Author Message
 Position to a row in a subform based on input in the parent form

How do I position (not filter) to a row in a subform based on user input in
the parent form?

I have a subform keyed on name.  The subform is not updateable (not
enabled). I have a text control on the parent form.     As the user types in
letters I would like to position to the row in the subform that matches
(=>) the text in the parent form control.

For other reasons I cannot use a list box control.

So, I am testing the 'ON CHANGE' event for the text control, but don't know
how to force positioning in the subcontrol based on what I find in
FORM!CONTROL.text

Regards, Marty

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Position to a row in a subform based on input in the parent form
HI Marty,

Try using the Recordsetclone of the subform to issue a FindFirst on the
record you want.  If the record is found,  then assign the Clone's bookmark
to the subform's bookmark and the focus should move to the record you want.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:
:I have a subform keyed on name.  The subform is not updateable (not
:enabled). I have a text control on the parent form.     As the user types
in
:letters I would like to position to the row in the subform that matches
:(=>) the text in the parent form control.
:
:For other reasons I cannot use a list box control.
:
:So, I am testing the 'ON CHANGE' event for the text control, but don't know
:how to force positioning in the subcontrol based on what I find in
:FORM!CONTROL.text
:
:Regards, Marty
:
:

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Subform moving record selector from parent form ??

2. Calling a fn in a parent form from a subform

3. Setting modal form position relative to parent

4. Populate a recordset based on input from a form

5. Look up record based on form input

6. navigating for keyboard users - subfrom to form - subform to subform

7. changing the sourceobject of subform when the form and subform are loaded

8. Setting subform properties from parent

9. Limit subform combo box by selection in parent combo box

10. Refresh Parent Record from Subform selection

11. Refresh Parent Record from Subform selection

12. Update list based on Subform.