Problems finding VBA322.dll functions from a copy of an MS Access database
Author Message
 Problems finding VBA322.dll functions from a copy of an MS Access database

Hello!
    I have had problems after copying MS Access 97 databases from one
computer to another.  The problems I have had when running the copy of the
database consist of not being able to find DLLs even though they exist on
the computer system on which the copy of the database is located.   The only
way I have been able to get around this problem is to create a blank
database on the drive that I wish to copy to and then copy into this blank
database all forms, queries, reports, macros, and modules from my original
database.  This has always resulted in a fully functional copy of the
database.  Until yesterday, when this problem arose after copying a database
from one Windows 95 system to another, I thought that it was a result of
copying from a Windows 95 system to a Windows NT system.   The error message
I received  when this happens is "Can't find project or library" and it
refers to the String$ function from VBA.   I have had this problem with
another VBA function as well.  In each case the VBA function invoved comes
from the dll VBA332.dll.  This dll can be found at the path "C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA" on all of the computers involved.
However, on my Windows 95 computer where I created the database files,
VBA332.dll can also be found at several other locations including the path
"C:\ODETOOLS\Access\SETUPW~1\images\Net".  This problem is almost certainly
the same as the one described by Evan H. Reich in his posting "Unusual (I
think) Access Problem" of 6/28/99.  Is this problem a known MS Access 97
bug? I have no idea why this problem occurs, but I would greatly appreciate
any help anyone could give me with it, because this problem makes it very
difficult to create copies of an existing database that others can install
on other workstations or servers and this is something I need to be able to
do soon.

Rich Edie

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems finding VBA322.dll functions from a copy of an MS Access database
Hi Rich,

Check out this link.

< http://home.att.net/~dashish/bugs/bugs0001.htm >

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

[...]
: do soon.
:
: Rich Edie
:
:
:

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Access DB - Copy Table A from Database A to Table A Database B

2. Error: pdsodbc.dll not found, 20532 cannot find database dll

3. Missing VBA322.dll

4. MS Access 7 Database on Network and VB5 Multi User Access Problem

5. Finding forms in an MS Access database

6. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

7. Problem Copying Access 2.0 database in VB3

8. Database Password problem - MS Access

9. Problems querying MS-Access database

10. PROBLEM: Corrupted MS Access Database Crashes Machine

11. PROBLEM: Corrupted MS Access Database Crashes Machine

12. Problems building install file - AutPrx32.dll, AutMgr32.dll, RACMGR32.dll, CLIREG32.exe NOT FOUND