Opening Access 97 mdb file with Windows 2000
Author Message
 Opening Access 97 mdb file with Windows 2000

Access 97 was loaded from MS cd on machine with w2000 os.
It worked correctly for a long time but then stopped
opening the mdb file.  Mdb files with just tables open
correctly but when I open the front file that has the
forms, quearys and other functions,  the front file never
opens and I get the message:

"<process has already exited> has generated errors and
will be closed by Windows.  You will need to restart the
program."

I suspect errors in the registry but don't know what way
to go.  Uninstalling and re-installing Access doesn't help.

Trouble started with the "Run-time error '429', ActiveX
component can't creat object" message but has gone to this
message.

The mdb file can be opened by other machines on the
network and if I access the same mdb file on other network
machines, using this machine with os2000, I get the
same "process has already closed" message.

DAO3.51 is used(at least in the mdb file).

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 04:14:27 GMT

1. Opening a connection with ADO to a MS Access 97 .mdb file

2. ACCESS 97->2000: exclusive open??

3. opening access 97 db after convert/importing to 2000

4. How to get Access 97 (built on a Windows 2000) to work on 95s and 98s

5. Access 97 VBA Problem with Windows 2000

6. database corruption of access 97 from windows 2000

7. TransferDatabase method from Access 95 mdb to Access 97 mdb

8. access 97 forms slow on windows 2000 Pro

9. VB6, Access 97 and Windows 2000 Pro

10. Problem With VB6 App With Access 97 Backend Running On Windows 2000 Pro

11. Problem With VB6 App With Access 97 Backend Running On Windows 2000 Pro

12. Cannot Open Access 97 Database without extension *.mdb with CR8.5