Anyone seen bug in subroutine fill of multiple combo boxes
Author Message
 Anyone seen bug in subroutine fill of multiple combo boxes

Tony,

Perhaps you're in need or a "refresh" or "requery"?  Hard to say without
seeing any row sources or code - if you care to post or e-mail me some
details, I'll take a look.

Keri Hardwick

Quote:

> Folks

> I'm filling several comboboxes myself using modified routines as per
> sample MS code.  I step through code and/or review array variables and
> can see that each combo box is indeed feed different sets of values.

> Yet when you get to the form the list values are identical and set to
> the last combo box which was filled.

> Has this happened to someone else or am I just particularly tired
> tonight?

> Thanks, Tony

> P.S.  Please email a copy of messages as, needless to say, I'm just
> about ready to deliver some code to a client.  <sigh>

> ----
> Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
> Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
> The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
> their pension in January, 2000?  See www.granite.ab.ca/year2000 for more info.
> Microsoft Access Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone seen bug in subroutine fill of multiple combo boxes

Quote:

>Perhaps you're in need or a "refresh" or "requery"?  Hard to say without
>seeing any row sources or code - if you care to post or e-mail me some
>details, I'll take a look.

Quick response!

I don't see how that can be.  If I exchange the name of the fields on
the form then I get the other combo boxes data in both combo boxes.
Thus I think the code is fine.

Note the code looks at the name of the combo box to determine the
values to put in their.  Ie Combo1, combo2, combo3 and so on.

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
their pension in January, 2000?  See www.granite.ab.ca/year2000 for more info.
Microsoft Access Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone seen bug in subroutine fill of multiple combo boxes

Kind of hard to guess this one (for me), Tony, without having a look see at
the code.

--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:
:----
:Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
:Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
:The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be
receiving
:their pension in January, 2000?  See www.granite.ab.ca/year2000 for more
info.
:Microsoft Access Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone seen bug in subroutine fill of multiple combo boxes

Quote:

>I'm filling several comboboxes myself using modified routines as per
>sample MS code.  I step through code and/or review array variables and
>can see that each combo box is indeed feed different sets of values.

Got a response emailed to me saying that Getz's book mentions several
reasons why duplicate callback functions don't work.  Haven't read it
yet however I created a second function, named xxx2, and both combo
boxes now show appropriate values.

So the problem is in duplicate combo box function names attempting to
display different sets of values.

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
The Year 2000 crisis: Will my parents or your grand parents still be receiving
their pension in January, 2000?  See www.granite.ab.ca/year2000 for more info.
Microsoft Access Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help filling second combo box from fist combo box

2. Help filling second combo box from first combo box

3. Anyone Seen This Bug? Win95/OLE/VB4

4. Overflow VB3 bug - Anyone seen this?

5. Filling combo box text box area from data

6. Filter a Combo Box filled from an Access database

7. filling a combo box from a file

8. Filling a Combo Box with the headings from the DocumentMap

9. Filling combo box with Excel data...

10. How to fill combo box

11. Filling combo box with objects in XmlNodeList

12. filling a combo box from a database