Northwind Startup Form Module
Author Message
 Northwind Startup Form Module

Hi,

I'm studying the Access 97 Northwind Startup form. All the
code in the form references a corresponding module called
Startup. I'm using this as a guide to create a similar
form I will use as a EULA form. Basically the EULA form
will load at Startup. I'll have Accept and Decline command
buttons and a check box to not display the form again just
like the Northwind sample. Shouldn't be difficult but I
have a question about the Northwind module.

The code has a function called IsItAReplica(). What
exactly is this used for and do I even need it?

I can tell by the code it is looking for something in the
Database Properties, but I looked under File-Database
Properties and I didn't see anything about
where "Replicable" = T. So what is this? Can I leave this
out? I won't be using replication at all.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff Conrad
Bend, Oregon

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:11:02 GMT
 Northwind Startup Form Module
This checks to see if the database is replicated.  Since you won't be using
replication at all, then Yes you can leave it out.

The Replicable property doesn't exist unless a database is (or has been)
replicated.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm studying the Access 97 Northwind Startup form. All the
> code in the form references a corresponding module called
> Startup. I'm using this as a guide to create a similar
> form I will use as a EULA form. Basically the EULA form
> will load at Startup. I'll have Accept and Decline command
> buttons and a check box to not display the form again just
> like the Northwind sample. Shouldn't be difficult but I
> have a question about the Northwind module.

> The code has a function called IsItAReplica(). What
> exactly is this used for and do I even need it?

> I can tell by the code it is looking for something in the
> Database Properties, but I looked under File-Database
> Properties and I didn't see anything about
> where "Replicable" = T. So what is this? Can I leave this
> out? I won't be using replication at all.

> Thanks for your time,
> Jeff Conrad
> Bend, Oregon

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:12:08 GMT
 Northwind Startup Form Module
Hi John,

Thanks for the response.
OK, just wanted to check to make sure everything would be
all right without that code.

Thanks for the help,
Jeff Conrad
Bend, Oregon

Quote:

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 02:11:32 GMT

1. Help with VB 6 Order entry form, just like the one in northwind.mdb

2. newbie: a startup module

3. How to compile and save module on startup???

4. Global Modules-startup-429,activeX component can't create object

5. Passing input box value from Form Module to report module

6. Forms, primary thread closing when closing startup form

7. vb4: bas modules and form modules

8. Q: Code Module vs UserControl (Form, Class) module.

9. Q: Code Module vs UserControl (Form, Class) module.

10. Q: Code Module vs UserControl (Form, Class) module.

11. Pass variable form module to a form

12. How do you pass from obj from one form to a module/forms