Displaying a running status
Author Message
 Displaying a running status

Please can anyone tell me how to Display a running status.
I would like to display an information label that is updated when a
section of code is run.
Example "Writing information to table"
The thing is that I have a section of code that performs procedures from
creating queries, deleting queries, sorting queries.
I would like a label that changes when each section is running.
I have tried changing the caption and I have tried making label
invisible and visible but it seems that the code get preference over the
labels, I also have tried opening a form that display the messages but
the same thing happens

Has anyone any ideas suggestions

Thanks Ken.

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Displaying a running status

Kenneth,
Use one of these statements after you set the caption of your status label:
Me.Repaint or DoEvents.  You can also display your messages on Access status
line using SysCmd.
--
Mike S.
Optimal Systems Corp. www.oscorp.com

>Please can anyone tell me how to Display a running status.
>I would like to display an information label that is updated when a
>section of code is run.
>Example "Writing information to table"
>The thing is that I have a section of code that performs procedures from
>creating queries, deleting queries, sorting queries.
>I would like a label that changes when each section is running.
>I have tried changing the caption and I have tried making label
>invisible and visible but it seems that the code get preference over the
>labels, I also have tried opening a form that display the messages but
>the same thing happens

>Has anyone any ideas suggestions

>Thanks Ken.

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Displaying a running status

If you want to change the caption of a label on a form while a long code
procedure is running, you will have to use the Repaint method on the form or
the DoEvents statement to allow the form to update.  Alternatively, you can
use the SysCmd function to put messages in the Access status bar at the
bottom of the Access window.

Alden

Quote:

>Please can anyone tell me how to Display a running status.
>I would like to display an information label that is updated when a
>section of code is run.
>Example "Writing information to table"
>The thing is that I have a section of code that performs procedures from
>creating queries, deleting queries, sorting queries.
>I would like a label that changes when each section is running.
>I have tried changing the caption and I have tried making label
>invisible and visible but it seems that the code get preference over the
>labels, I also have tried opening a form that display the messages but
>the same thing happens

>Has anyone any ideas suggestions

>Thanks Ken.

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Display status bar on a form

2. How to display text in the status bas?

3. Form to display status messages

4. How to display text in the status bar?

5. Display to status line?

6. How Does One Display a ProgressBar Inside A Status Bar Panel

7. How to display status messages

8. Displaying a status message

9. Displaying info about menu items in a status bar

10. How can I stop excel displaying print status?

11. How do you display a date and time field on a status bar

12. Display Long Date in Status Bar control - No Go